- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Striding Edge is a Scandinavian style lodge, situated on White Cross Bay Park on the shores of Lake Windermere.
The lodge is all ground floor and sleeps six people in three bedrooms - one double, one room with adult bunks and one twin with 2'6" beds.
There is a bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
The open plan living area has a fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire and patio door to the outdoor decked terrace with furniture.
Off road parking is available for two cars.
With use of on-site facilities, lovely lakeside walks to enjoy, not to mention water sports and boat trips on the lake itself, and with a wealth of towns and villages to explore nearby, Striding Edge makes a great base for a lakeside family break in the Lake District.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with gas fire and patio door to decked terrace.
- Electric heating with gas fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared on-site laundry facilities (coin operated), TV with Freeview and 2 Sky Sports channels, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Large enclosed decked terrace with furniture
- Shared use of leisure facilities, including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, gym, play park and multi-use games area
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Although all ground floor, this property is approached by 5 steps
- Note: Due to lakeside location, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: At check-in guests will be provided with a barrier pass number to use in the barrier key pad providing vehicular access to the park
- Note: Guests wishing to use the on-site leisure facilities will need to purchase a leisure pass from reception
- Passes cost £15 per stay and one pass is allocated per lodge
- Note: Due to the location, WiFi can be intermittent
- Note: No stag/hen, or similar
- NOTE: Due to COVID and staff restrictions all site facilities including reception will not be available until February 2021
NOTE: Due to COVID and staff restrictions all site facilities including reception will not be available until February 2021
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
WHITE CROSS BAY
Troutbeck Bridge 0.8 miles; Windermere 2 miles; Bowness 3 miles; Ambleside 3 miles.
Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Bowness and Windermere are two towns very close to each other in the Lake District, and offer amenities such as shops, pubs and restaurants. Take a boat trip out on Lake Windermere, perhaps stopping off at Ambleside or visit the Lakeside Aquarium. Enjoy scenic walks, water sports, the World Of Beatrix Potter, 'Go Ape' adventure park or several National Trust properties. Within easy reach are Grasmere, Kendal and Keswick.