- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Burnhope Shooting Lodge is a large detached property in its own grounds near to the village of Wearhead in County Durham.
The lodge sleeps eighteen people in nine en-suite bedrooms and also has a large kitchen, a dining room, a sitting room with open fire, a games room, a drying room and a study.
Outside the lodge is a reservoir, a patio area with furniture and plenty of off road parking.
Burnhope Shooting Lodge offers fishing and walking and is an impressive country lodge for a special occasion.
Nine bedrooms: 5 x king-size doubles with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 double and 1 single with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor family room with 1 king-size bed and 1 single en-suite shower, basin and WC. 3 x ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area (seats 16). Utility. Dining room with open fire. Sitting room with open fire. Study (seats 6) with open fire. Games room. Drying room. Gun room.
- Oil central heating with open fires in dining room, sitting room and study
- AGA and gas range cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, drinks cooler, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, computer with internet access, WiFi, telephone, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel, power and fuel for open fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Patio area with furniture
- Fishing lake
- Large games room with full size snooker table, bar and TV
- Four well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 8 miles
- Note: This property is beside a reservoir
- Note: Butler, chef and housekeeper available on request
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Stanhope 10 miles; Durham 30 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Wearhead is a small village in County Durham named after the source of the River Wear Wearhead is set in countryside and is home to a shop, whilst further amenities can be found in Stanhope which is home to the Durham Dales Centre, offering tourist information, a coffee shop and local arts and crafts.