- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Heron Cottage is a semi detached retreat, located in the village of Hope in Shropshire.
Hosting two bedrooms; a super king-size with en-suite and a twin, along with a family bathroom, this property can sleep up to four people.
Inside you will also find a kitchen, open plan sitting and dining area, and a sitting room with a wood burner.
To the outside is off road parking for two cars and an enclosed lawned garden to the rear with a patio, furniture and BBQ.
Situated in a countryside location and close to scenic attractions, Heron Cottage is a wonderful retreat in a relaxing part of England.
Two bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin upon request) with en-suite shower, basin and W/C 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast table. Sitting room with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters in all rooms with a electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WIFI, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Additional logs can be purchased from the owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- 'Enclosed lawned garden to the rear with patio, garden furniture and large unfenced pond
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles and pub 1 mile
- Note: check in is after 5pm. Please note: property is adjacent to the owners home; Note for dog owners: The cottage is surrounded on all sides by fields which are always occupied by sheep
- The garden, whilst private, has only a low fence to allow guests to take full advantage of the view, but is not fully secure for dogs which must be attended at all times whilst in the garden
- Note: Property is unsuitable for children under 5 years old
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Minsterley 2.5 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was “the quietest place under the sun” and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The village of Hope rests in the Shopshire Hills, just 10 miles from the town of Shrewsbury. Close by is the village of Minsterley which has a shop and Post Office and a fish and chip shop. The village of Pontesbury is just one mile away and offers takeaways and restaurants, plus Arscott Golf Club, Springlea Fishing Pools and the Pontesbury cycle/footpath. Close by, you will also find The Long Mynd; a haven for walkers.