- Hot tub
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
The Old Barn is a luxurious detached stone built detached barn conversion located close to the owners' home in two acres of grounds, just five minutes stroll from the centre of the historic town of Bishops Castle and a superb real ale pub.
This holiday property successfully blends original character with contemporary fixtures and fittings - including a covered hot tub that is lit up at night.
The accommodation includes three bedrooms, one of which has en-suite facilities and a luxury four poster bed; 'all body' jet showers; an attractive walnut kitchen, and a convivial dining hall and living room.
There is also a large patio area for enjoyable al fresco eating and relaxing after a long day's exploring.
Three bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size handmade four poster bed, 1 x double with en-suite shower with seat, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 single and 1 adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, jet shower, basin and WC. First floor reading area on landing with double sofa bed. Kitchen with dining area. Dining hall. Sitting room (seats 6) with electric log-effect fire.
- Electric underfloor heating in sitting room, hall and bathrooms, electric heater in kitchen, wall-mounted oil radiators in bedrooms and electric fire
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and ice maker, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 5 x TVs, full Sky inc. movies and sport, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own hot tub towels
- Cot, highchair and 2 stairgates on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Large rear patio with hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 7 mins walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Owner is an electrician, two light work vans will leave yard between 8-9 am during the week
- Note: No mobile signal for O2.
About the location
Montgomery 10 miles; Ludlow 17 miles; Shrewsbury 21 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Bishop's Castle is a lovely market town located in the stunning natural splendour of the South West Shropshire Hills. The town holds a weekly market which showcases local produce, and there is also a superb choice of shops, pubs and eateries. The Annual Real Ale Festival is famous, and regular Fairs - the most popular of which is the Michaelmas Fair - are regularly held in the town. Bishop's Castle is in an ideal spot for touring the beautiful Welsh Marches and rural Shropshire, with walks along Offa's Dyke and Shropshire Way. The lively towns of Ludlow and Shrewsbury are an easy drive away, and the area offers many visitor attractions for the whole family, including the Severn Valley Railway and the fascinating Powys Castle.