- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Old Schoolhouse and Surgery is a pair of properties in the centre of Bishop's Castle.
Made up of two separate properties, the larger of the two is spread over three floors and sleeps fourteen people in seven bedrooms.
It also has four bath/shower rooms and two cloakrooms with basin and WC.
There is a kitchen with breakfast area, dining room with open fire, sitting room with woodburner and a second floor sitting room.
Outside, there is a walled garden with a summerhouse, furniture and 9-seater hot tub.
The Surgery is all over the ground floor, and offers two bedrooms, sleeping a total of three, a bathroom, kitchen with dining area and a sitting room.
Outside, it has a private garden area.
There is off road parking for ten cars at the properties, and shared use of a tennis court.
This pair of properties are wonderful for a family getaway.
The Old Schoolhouse. Over three floors. Seven bedrooms: 1 x ground floor super king-size double (zip/link), 2 x super king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link), 1 x second floor twin, 1 x second floor super king-size double (zip/link). Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower only. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Second floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 8). Utility. Dining room (seats 17) with open fire. Sitting room (seats 14) with woodburner. Second floor sitting room (seats 6). The Cottage. All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room. Note: The zip/link beds can be super king-size double or twin beds by prior arrangement.
- Oil central heating with open fire and woodburner
- The Old Schoolhouse: Four oven electric range cooker, microwave, 2 x fridges, freezer, washing machine, 2 x dishwashers, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, 4 x radio/CD, iPod docks, WiFi, selection of DVDs
- The Cottage: Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- 4 x travel cots and 4 x highchairs on request
- Off road parking for 10 cars
- Bike storage
- Large walled lawned garden with patio, 9-seater hot tub, summerhouse and vegetable garden which guests can use when in season to rear of Old Schoolhouse
- Private lawned garden with furniture to rear of the Cottage
- Shared use of tennis court (with Refs
- 4140 and 15515)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking this includes E-cigs
- Shops 5 mins walk, award-winning real ale pub/restaurant 1 min walk
- Note: There are 5 steps up to the front door of The Old Schoolhouse, level entrance to rear
- Note: Check-in 6pm, check-out 11am.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Montgomery 10 miles; Ludlow 17 miles; Shrewsbury 21 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was “the quietest place under the sun” and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The attractive market town of Bishop's Castle is situated in the Outstanding Natural Beauty of the South West Shropshire Hills. The ancient town offers a weekly market and an excellent variety of shops, pubs and places to eat. It is famous for its annual Real Ale Festival and regular fairs, with the Michaelmas Fair being particularly popular.