- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Railway Cottage is an 18th century stone-built, mid-terraced cottage on the edge of the seaside village of Fairbourne between the Cambrian Mountains and Barmouth Bay in the Snowdonia National Park.
With two double bedrooms, one single room and a family bathroom, this cottage can sleep five people in comfort.
The rest of the accommodation is made up of a fitted kitchen, a dining room with a woodburning stove and a sitting room with an electric fire.
Outside the cottage are enclosed front and rear patio gardens with furniture and a BBQ as well as off road parking for two cars.
With the beach just a fifteen minute walk away, Railway Cottage is the ideal holiday destination for a family looking to spend their holiday playing in the sand.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room with woodburner. Sitting room with electric coal-effect fire.
- Oil central heating with woodburner and electric fire
- Electric double oven with hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed front and rear patio gardens with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Beach 15 mins walk
- Note: There is a small covered pond in the front garden
- Note: The cottage is located on an A road, care to be taken at all times.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Dolgellau 9 miles; Barmouth 13 miles; Aberdovey 15 miles.
Famous for its choirs, stunning mountain ranges and beautiful valleys, this wonderful country has something for everyone. From Snowdonia in North Wales to the Brecon Beacons and the Pembrokeshire Coast in the South.
Fairbourne is a village in the Snowdonia National Park, which nestles between the Cambrian Mountains and Barmouth Bay. It rests beside a huge sandy beach, perfect for family fun and watersports. The well-known town of Barmouth, with its pubs, restaurants and beautiful beach, is only a 30 minute walk away along The Bar, a strip of land along which the Fairbourne steam railway runs. The whole region offers excellent walks, mountain biking and watersports, and is home to many species of birds that flock to the area's sheltered beaches and rock pools. Discover Dolgellau and delightful Aberdovey, and visit the magnificent sights of medieval Harlech Castle, Portmeirion Italianate village and the wonderful Snowdonia National Park, all within a short drive.