- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Halfen Granary is a detached, stone-built barn conversion is next to the owners' home on a 60 acre, working sheep farm, set on the slopes of the beautiful Vyrnwy Valley, near Llanfyllin and can sleep six people.
The cottage has two double bedrooms, one twin bedroom, a ground floor bathroom, a first floor basin and WC, a fitted kitchen, a sitting room with dining area and a woodburner.
Outside there is off road parking for two cars, bike storage and an enclosed, lawned garden, with patio, furniture and barbecue.
Halfen Granary is a wonderful base for a fun-filled holiday exploring Wales.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin which can by prior arrangement be linked to provided king size double, a Ground floor bathroom with whirlpool bath, separate shower, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Electric underfloor heating with solar panel to heat water and woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave,slow-cooker, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and supply of logs for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and plentiful supply of towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair, sundry baby items and two stairgates
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage suitable for motorcycles and bicycles
- Enclosed, lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Well behaved pets welcome â dogs, cats, budgies â all have enjoyed a holiday at The Granary
- Pet bowls and towels provided
- Sorry, no smoking indoors but there is a sheltered âsmokers cornerâ in an adjacent open fronted outbuilding
- Shops 7 miles, pub 2.2 miles
- Note: Due to the property being on a sheep farm please keep dogs on the lead
- Note: Stables, paddocks and bridal paths are available if guests wish to bring a horse, please arrange this with the owner
- Note: The owner runs a taxi service and guests can use the service to local pubs/restaurants
- Note: Due to the rural location of the property, mobile reception can be limited and WiFi speed/bandwith is limited, but adequate for emails, online shopping
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Lake Vyrnwy 12 miles; Welshpool 14 miles.
Famous for its choirs, stunning mountain ranges and beautiful valleys, this wonderful country has something for everyone. From Snowdonia in North Wales to the Brecon Beacons and the Pembrokeshire Coast in the South.
Set deep in the scenic Cain Valley, the charming town of Llanfyllin is surrounded by rolling hills and the Berwyn Mountains. Situated in this wonderful area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this lovely little town offers a wide variety of architecture from different periods, including a 19th Century workhouse featured on the BBC â€˜Restoration' programme. There are plenty of walking and cycling opportunities in the local area, including trails through the Berwyn Mountains and the hills of Llangynog. Lake Vyrnwy is also close by and boasts an inspiring mountain backdrop of glorious colours as well as a fascinating nature reserve. Welshpool, just 14 miles away, is also worth visiting and is home to an array of shops, arts and crafts centres, quality pubs and restaurants. Powys Castle and its impressive gardens are also within easy driving distance.