- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Upper House Farm Cottages
These four luxury stone-built barn conversions, are situated in an impressive courtyard close to the owner’s 17th century traditional farmhouse, on a 220-acre arable farm in the rural village of Alberbury, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. All four Alberbury cottages have been individually designed to provide completely private rear gardens, each with their own hot tub. All four Alberbury cottages have been renovated to a very high standard providing spacious, open plan, very well-equipped accommodation. They have retained many original features including a wealth of wooden beams and trusses, which have been combined with contemporary fixtures and fitting throughout, producing a welcoming cottage atmosphere in a modern environment. With prior arrangement. These Alberbury cottages provide perfect holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends, as well as offering safe, indoor entertainment for children and the young at heart in. Jimmy’s Play Barn which has a pool table, hand football, air hockey and a ball-pit for toddlers is perfect for the children. There is also a retro gaming table, lots of DVDs ,toys for the children, board games and books to loan. There is a separate sports barn in this there is astro turf down, badminton and a sky fort climbing frame with swings and slide. There is a small grocery shop with an honesty box and free range chickens where you can collect your own eggs! These wonderful Alberbury holiday cottages are in an ideal location for walking through the Loton Estate's deer park, up Rodney’s Pillar hill, along Offa's Dyke Path, or visiting Powis Castle or historic Shrewsbury. Discover the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, the Wroxeter Roman City, delightful Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow, surely one of the UK’s most lovely towns. Any one of these Alberbury holiday cottages would be perfect for a memorable, year-round holiday in one of England’s loveliest counties.
The Mill House is a quality cottage in a courtyard setting on a working arable farm in Alberbury.
The cottage has four king-size doubles and two twins, each comprising an en-suite.
There is also an additional shower room, an open plan living area with woodburner, extra sitting area with pool table, and first floor reading area.
Outside is off road parking, a sauna, an enclosed patio with furniture, a lawn and private hot tub.
The Mill House also has shared use of a games barn with pool table, TV, air hockey and outdoor children's play area, and is within easy reach of plenty of family days out.
The perfect family getaway.
Six bedrooms: 2 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC, cloakroom with basin and WC. Open-plan living room with kitchen and breakfast area, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. Games room. First floor reading area. Sauna with changing room and utility.
- Underfloor central heating (ground floor), eco-friendly bio-mass system with woodburner
- Electric range cooker with oven and hob, microwave, American fridge/freezer with cold water and ice, 2 x dishwashers, washer/dryer, 40" TV with Freeview, Blu-ray and DVD, 6 x TVs with DVD (TV's and DVDs) in all bedrooms, CD/radio, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire/stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Private patio garden with furniture and BBQ, adjacent enclosed lawn and private 8-seater hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub with restaurant 1.3 miles
- Shared games barn (wheelchair accessible) with pool table, hand football, air hockey, toddler ball-pit and drinks machine
- Shared indoor play area for younger children with swing, see-saw, climbing frame and badminton
- Free range chickens with eggs for sale when available
- Note: There is total privacy around the hot tub, but it is situated close to neighboring properties
- Note: Power for sauna inc. in rent on 'fair use' basis and extra wood for woodburner can be purchased from the owner
- Please note: bookings must start and end within a Friday to Friday
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The small rural village of Alberbury sits in the countryside, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. There is so much to do in this area, from the ten museums of Ironbridge Gorge to the abbey, castle, shops and restaurants of Shreswbury. There are many National Trust properties within easy reach of Alberbury, including Attingham Park, Powis Castle, Chirk Castle and Erddig. Ludlow, with its castle and timbered buildings, is a lovely town for a stroll and a refreshing cream tea, or step back in time with a trip to Acton Scott Working Farm, seen on TV as 'The Victorian Farm'.