- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Great Lyth Farm Cottages
A wonderful opportunity to enjoy two delightful 18th century Grade II listed barn conversions, which have been sympathetically developed to offer well equipped accommodation in an idyllic rural location, 5 miles from medieval Shrewsbury. They stand close to the owner's farmhouse, surrounded by lovely grounds, within a 22 acre smallholding which is home to sheep, chickens and an extensive organic kitchen garden from which eggs and seasonal vegetables are available. Both cottages have a pretty, fenced garden; perfect for dining alfresco. Guests have use of a year-round hard tennis court and coarse fishing (including carp) on the picturesque and well-stocked 1 acre pond, only 100 yards away. Enjoy walking and cycling in the stunning Shropshire Hills, or discover the Ironbridge World Heritage Site, Stokesay Castle and Acton Scott Historic Farm. Booked together, Ref 2601 and 2602 can accommodate 11 people.
The Coach House is one of two sympathetically developed holiday homes on the owner's 22 acre smallholding which is home to sheep, chickens and a large organic kitchen garden from which eggs and seasonal vegetables can be bought.
The cottage has two bedrooms, fitted kitchen with dining area, sitting room with welcoming wood burner, and a pretty, fenced garden â€“ a lovely place to relax and dine in after a day's exploring.
Guests benefit from the use of a year-round hard tennis court and coarse fishing (including carp) on the well-stocked 1 acre pond, just 100 yards from the property.
Enjoy walking and cycling in the surrounding countryside, or visit the many historical attractions nearby.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double sleigh bed with TV, Freeview, 1 x family room with king-size double & single bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Ground floor basin/WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV with Freeview, 2nd TV, DVD, radio, Wifi, Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Shared use of year-round hard tennis court
- Coarse fishing (inc. carp) in owner's private 1 acre lake
- Travel cot, highchair & stairgate by prior request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Pretty, fenced lawned garden with patio, furniture & BBQ
- Shared picnic table by lake
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Unfenced pond 100 yards from property - children must be supervised at all times
- Note: Tennis and fishing are by arrangement with owner and are only available for guests staying at Great Lyth Farm Cottages
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Shrewsbury 5 miles; Church Stretton 10 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Great Lyth is a pretty hamlet situated in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to the stunning Shropshire hills including the Long Mynd and Caradoc which offer many walking, cycling, horse riding and scenic driving opportunities. The fascinating medieval town of Shrewsbury, renowned for its timber framed black and white buildings, is just five miles away The town offers a superb selection of shops, restaurants and pubs, pretty riverside walks, boat trips, and the beautiful Shrewsbury Abbey and Castle. The 10 museums of the World Heritage Centre of Ironbridge, Attingham Park, Stokesay Castle, the Wroxeter Roman City, and the picturesque town of Church Stretton are also all close to Great Lyth.