- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Creagh Dhu is a lovely welcoming semi-detached cottage in a rural location just outside Ratlinghope village, near the Stiperstones and Long Mynd, 7 miles from Church Stretton.
There is a king-size double bedroom and a second bedroom which can be offered as a twin or a super king-size double.
Downstairs is a welcoming open plan living area with kitchen, pantry, dining area and sitting area, and a Clearview woodburning stove.
Outside, along with off road parking for two cars, is a front garden area with decking, furniture and fine views.
With the Shropshire countryside on the doorstep, Creagh Dhu makes a wonderful year-round retreat for walkers, couples or families alike.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, pantry, dining area and spacious sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric central heating on first floor with woodburner in living area
- Cooking range with gas double oven, 5 ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer inc. ice and chilled water dispenser, washing machine, dishwasher
- TV with FreeSat, DVD, Home Cinema System with 6'x4' drop-down projector screen and surround sound, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars (one under carport)
- Enclosed front gravelled garden with decking, garden furniture, BBQ and spectacular hill views
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3.5 miles
- Pub 1.4 miles
- Note: Limited mobile reception
- Note: The track to the property is quite bumpy, please drive slowly when approaching/leaving the property.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 6 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Church Stretton is a pretty market town in the heart of rural south Shropshire. Described as "Little Switzerland", the town is surrounded by stunning scenery and is the major part of Shropshire's hill country. The town offers a good selection of pubs, tearooms, and specialist shops, as well as other attractions including fantastic walking opportunities on the Long Mynd; the fascinating Acton Scott Working Farm, and the ancient Stokesay Castle. Shrewsbury, Ironbridge, Ludlow, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are all historic local towns with much to offer to visitors, and they are all an easy drive away from Church Stretton, as are the beautiful Welsh Borders.