- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Ruthin 7 miles. These two wonderful refurbished farmhouse cottages are situated adjacent to a working 500-acre hill beef and sheep farm, in a rural location, near the village of Clawddnewydd, seven miles from the bustling market town of Ruthin in Denbighshire. Connected via an adjoining door, these two Ruthin cottages are an ideal base for families and friends, and when booked together, the sitting and dining room layout can be altered which then creates an extra snug room and both properties can then cater for up to 17 guests comfortably. The owner can also organise a chef by prior arrangement to cater for any special events when the properties are booked together, so everyone can dine in style. With stunning views across the valley, these rural Denbighshire cottages offer charming, luxury holiday accommodation with beautiful walks from the door along quiet bridleways, and the use of two acres of adjoining grazing fields is ideal for sledging in winter or kite flying in the summer! Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy a number of activities within easy reach of these North Wales cottages, including sailing on nearby Llyn Brenig, cycling and fishing, or simply enjoy a relaxing holiday in your rural Ruthin retreat. Maes, the larger of the two cottages, benefits from a superb hot tub, which can be used by the guests in Tyddyn when both properties are booked together, plus there is a shared games room with table tennis and pool table. These two superb eco-friendly cottages are the perfect place to enjoy a holiday in this part of North Wales.
Maes is a wonderful semi-detached barn conversion, situated on a working livestock farm, seven miles from the market town of Ruthin.
This cottage sleeps 12 people in 5 bedrooms, consisting of 3 zip/link king-size double with an en-suite shower room, 1 double with en-suite shower room and a ground floor zip/link king-size double with en-suite wet room.
The cottage also has a kitchen, dining room and sitting room with woodburner.
Outside there is off road parking for 5 cars, a private patio area with hot tub and 2 acres of shared fields.
Maes is an ideal base for families who wish to relax in superb surroundings, enjoy walking or the many attractions in the North Wales region.
Five bedrooms with TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC: 3 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x ground floor king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room (seats 11) with woodburner. First floor play room with double sofa bed. Shared external games room. Shared external utility.
- Wood pellet eco-friendly central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburner
- Electric range oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, 2 x dishwashers, shared utility with washer/dryer, 6 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Two cots, highchairs and stairgates
- Shared games room with pool table and table tennis
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Shared secure cycle storage
- Enclosed private patio with hot tub, furniture and BBQ and access to 2 aces of shared fields
- Four well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Pets must be kept on a lead when outside
- Note: One of the king-size bedrooms is accessed through the play room
- Note: As this is a converted farmhouse some door heights are lower than usual
- Note: The owner can organise a chef to cater for any special occasions, by prior arrangement.
As of January 2021 the property will sleep 15 with 7 bedrooms
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Llangollen 12 miles; Bala 18.5 miles; Chester 25 miles; Betws-y-Coed 30 miles.
Famous for its choirs, stunning mountain ranges and beautiful valleys, this wonderful country has something for everyone. From Snowdonia in North Wales to the Brecon Beacons and the Pembrokeshire Coast in the South.
The market town of Ruthin offers picturesque half-timbered buildings, mainly of which are clustered around St Peter's Square, many interesting shops and buildings, the Nant Clwyd House, Ruthin Gaol and Ruthin Craft Centre, plus close by is Lake Brenig, Moel Famau Country Park and Clocaenog Forest.