- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Glan Clwyd Isa Cottages
Bodfari 1.5 miles. Three delightful luxury character cottages, standing in 30 acres of beautiful grounds on an award-winning farm at the foot of the Clwydian Hill Range, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Providing top quality accommodation amidst wonderful surroundings, these superb Bodfari cottages are the perfect antidote for the stresses of modern life; there are wonderful scenic walks straight from the door with the Offa's Dyke Pathway close by, and guests can enjoy a summertime dip in the heated swimming pool, private fishing on a fully-stocked trout lake or on the River Clwyd which runs through the farm, and all the attractions of North Wales in easy reach.
Set in 30 acres of beautiful grounds, this delightful cottage is part of an award-winning farm at the foot of the Clwydian Hill Range.
Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this property is a brick built cottage, adjoining the owner's 15th Century farmhouse.
With access to a heated swimming pool, a wonderful garden and private fishing on the River Clwyd, this lovely home-from-home is an ideal spot for a romantic break, far from the stresses of modern life.
The local area is packed with things to see and do including walks along the Offa's Dyke Pathway, trips to the market town of Denbigh and numerous sites of historic interest.
Note: The cottage was voted one of the UK's top 20 romantic cottages in 2009 by Alistair Sawday for The Times Online.
1 x galleried bedroom with super king-size bed & en-suite (double-ended deep bath, separate shower, basin & WC). Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with woodburner. Note: A folding bed is available on request.
- LPG central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack of wood for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- 2 cots, highchair & stairgate
- Shared use of heated outdoor swimming pool by prior arrangement with the owner (1st July - end Sept)
- Trout fishing on River Clwyd available within owner's grounds end March - end Sept (fishing licence required)
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private lawned garden with ornamental pond, patio, furniture & BBQ
- Two small well-behaved dogs welcome at a charge of £10 per dog, per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Unfenced pond
- Ensure care is taken
- Note: Spiral staircase in property may be unsuitable for less mobile
- Note: The pool closes at 6:30pm for chemical top-up and hoover clean
- Please be aware that the pool is an open air swimming pool in the middle of the countryside, you may find local wildlife visit (a net is provided)
- Note: Dogs must be supervised at all times as the owners have dogs of their own
- They must be kept on a lead at all times when outside and not be allowed to roam freely
Please be aware that the swimming pool is not currently open.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Denbigh 4 miles; Mold 12 miles; Chester 25 miles.
Famous for its choirs, stunning mountain ranges and beautiful valleys, this wonderful country has something for everyone. From Snowdonia in North Wales to the Brecon Beacons and the Pembrokeshire Coast in the South.
Set beneath the imposing Clwydian Hill Range is the small village of Bodfari, a town steeped in history. Evidence of settlement on the site in the form of a Celtic camp can be found dating back to 500BC. Later roles include that of a Roman encampment whilst the village church, St. Stephen's, pre-dates the Norman Conquest. Nowadays, the village is home to a local shop and lies within easy reach of a number of traditional country pubs and restaurants. Nearby, the Offa's Dyke pathway provides excellent walking, whilst for those interested in discovering more of the area's history the ancient market town of Denbigh has a 13th Century castle. The charming little town also provides a host of modern amenities such as shops, pubs and restaurants and is only five miles from Bodfari.