- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Top House is a detached farmhouse in the small Shropshire village of Northwood close to the market towns of Wem, Whitchurch and Ellesmere.
The cottage contains a family suite of rooms (one king size double with ensuite and adjoining bedroom with 1 single and 1 junior bed), two further doubles (one with an ensuite), one twin and one room with adults bunks which with the addition of a family bathroom makes this cottage suitable for up to thirteen people.
The rest of the accommodation is made up of a large fitted kitchen with a dining area and two sitting rooms, one of which has a woodburner whilst the other contains a sofa bed.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for 5 cars, lockable bike storage, a large lawned garden with an orchard, a patio, outdoor furniture and a BBQ.
Beautifully decorated and well situated for exploring the local area, Top House is bound to appeal to all ages and all types of holiday makers.
Five bedrooms: 1 x family suite with king-size double, en-suite double-ended bath, shower cubicle, basin and WC, and adjoining bedroom with 1 single and 1 junior bed (suitable for up to 5-6 yrs), 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x ground floor double. Bathroom with double-ended bath, telephone style hand shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Large kitchen with dining table (seats 8) with additional seating and table if required, 16" flat screen TV/DVD and doors to patio. Utility room. Sitting room (seats 8) with woodburner. Sitting room (seats 6) with sofa bed.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating in kitchen and woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x flat screen TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVD, 1 x combi TV/DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Extra wood can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Large lawned garden with orchard, patio, furniture and BBQ
- Three dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 12 mins walk
- Note: Horses welcome by arrangement, the property stands in 40 acres of farmland and has a horse paddock with water
- Please note the property does not accept hen/ stag parties
- Property is in a quiet rural area please respect your neighbours.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Wem 5 miles; Ellesmere 6 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The village of Northwood nestles between the Shropshire market towns of Wem and Ellesmere and consists of a handful of houses and an excellent pub with adjoining restaurant. Historic Wem has provided a central point for local trade since Saxon times and its weekly market still holds this tradition attracting visitors from across the county. The town of Ellesmere, with its medieval streets littered with Georgian and Victorian houses and half-timbered buildings, is situated just 6 miles away, amidst an area known as Shropshire's Lakeland and offers an abundance of shops, pubs and fine restaurants. Take a boat trip across the magnificent glacial mere out onto the Llangollen canal or enjoy a leisurely stroll through the picturesque Arboretum and Cremorne Gardens with its wonderful wildlife and scenic walks.