- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Old Chapel is a 19th century, semi-detached chapel in a picturesque village location, near Church Stretton, on the slopes of the Stiperstones Hill range in the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and can sleep six people.
The cottage has a king-size double bedroom with TV/DVD and an en-suite bathroom, a ground floor twin bedroom with TV/DVD, a ground floor 4' double bedroom with TV/DVD, a first floor minstrels’ gallery, a ground floor shower room, a kitchen, a utility and a sitting room with a woodburning stove and dining area.
Outside, there is off road parking for one car beside the property, with extra parking in the owners' pub car park, just 250 metres away.
There is also bike storage, a rear terraced garden with patio, decking, furniture, a barbecue and a private 6-seater hot tub.
The Old Chapel is a wonderful holiday base, with so many walking and cycling trails nearby.
Mostly ground floor. Three bedrooms with TV: 1 x first floor king-size with en-suite bath, power shower, basin, WC, 1 x ground Floor 1 x 4' double, 1 x twin. Ground Floor Shower room with power shower, basin, WC. Kitchen & Utility. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating and woodburning stove
- Double electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs with Freeview (one Smart TV), DVD, surround sound, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 1 car beside property with extra parking in owners' pub car park 270 yards away
- Bike storage
- Enclosed terraced garden with patio, decking, furniture, BBQ and private 6-seater hot tub
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Village shop and owners' pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Guests are offered 10% discount for all meals purchased at The Stiperstones Inn
- Note: 3 steps down from car parking to front door and 4 steps down to garden, may not be suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Check-in from 4pm
- This property does accept short breaks - you will just need to call our call center to discuss.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 8 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles; Bishop’s Castle 12 miles; Ludlow 27 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Church Stretton is a pretty market town in the heart of rural south Shropshire. Described as "Little Switzerland", the town is surrounded by stunning scenery and is the major part of Shropshire's hill country. The town offers a good selection of pubs, tearooms, and specialist shops, as well as other attractions including fantastic walking opportunities on the Long Mynd; the fascinating Acton Scott Working Farm, and the ancient Stokesay Castle. Shrewsbury, Ironbridge, Ludlow, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are all historic local towns with much to offer to visitors, and they are all an easy drive away from Church Stretton, as are the beautiful Welsh Borders.