- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This attractive, handmade Western Red Cedar log cabin is located in a five-acre paddock in the grounds of Brynallt Country Park.
Situated on the edge of Welsh Frankton and just three miles from the famous lakes at Ellesmere, this cabin is a charming alternative to the usual Shropshire cottages.
Offering high quality, open plan accommodation with contemporary fixtures and furnishings throughout, the spacious property is able to sleep up to four people and boasts a front terrace which overlooks the paddock, and is perfect for relaxing.
All ground floor.
Two bedrooms with TV/DVD: 1 x kingsize with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x double bed. Bathroom with double-ended bath, shower over, basin & WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with doors to front terrace.
- Solar heating for hot water and oil-filled radiators
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Double electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- WIFI 3 x wall-mounted flat screen combi TV/DVD
- All solar power & electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front terrace with furniture, plus BBQ, lawned area & use of 5 acre paddock
- Any number of well-behaved dogs welcome with prior arrangement
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs & restaurants 3 miles (nearest pub 20 mins walk)
- Note: Adults and babes-in-arms only.
Note: Adults and babes-in-arms only.
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Ellesmere 3 miles; Oswestry 5 miles; Shrewsbury 20 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Set between the famous village of Whittington - the birthplace of the first Lord Mayor of London - and the town of Ellesmere, a pretty market town with Tudor, Georgian and Victorian buildings, the tiny hamlet of Welsh Frankton is located close to a beautiful lake and the Shropshire/Llangollen Canal. Originally a fortified Anglo-Saxon settlement, the nearby town of Ellesmere is steeped in history and is home to the lovely Church of Saint Mary, with its 15th Century roof. There are a wide variety of shops, good pubs and restaurants in the settlement, as well as an abundance of entertainment on and around the nine lakes which surround the town. Guests can stroll through Cremorne Gardens, enjoy fishing and sailing, or explore Colemere Country Park with its wonderful wildlife and scenic walks.