- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This stone-built, semi-detached cottage is located close to the beck in the picturesque village of Hovingham.
With charm and character, this property has been lovingly renovated to provide a very comfortable retreat.
Boasting an open fire in the living room and sloping ceilings in the bedrooms, there is also an enclosed south-facing garden.
With two bedrooms â€“ one of which is en-suite â€“ a fitted kitchen and a lounge with dining area, this cottage is a great family destination.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 1 x twin with en-suite (basin and WC). Ground floor bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Living room with dining area and wood burner.
- Storage heaters with wood/multi fuel burner in living room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher,WiFi, TV, DVD, radio/CD player
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Locking bike shed
- Small, lawned front garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and village playground 5 mins walk
- Note: Pay phone in the property Note - One of the inn's will be closed until Spring 2019 due to major refurbishment
- There is still one Inn available a few yards away from property with bar access
Note - One of the inn's will be closed until Spring 2019 due to major refurbishment. There is still one Inn available a few yards away from property with bar access.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Helmsley 8 miles; Malton 8 miles; York 20 miles.
The North York Moors National Park covers 554 square miles, with landscape ranging from heather-clad moorland and deep secluded dales, to the cliffs and coves of the magnificent coastline making it a haven for walkers.
Set amidst the beautiful countryside of the Howardian Hills, the pretty North Yorkshire village of Hovingham is located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village itself is incredibly picturesque, with a beck running down the high street, two excellent inns and a traditional village shop as well as a tea-room and a bakery. There are numerous excellent walking and cycling opportunities surrounding the village, as well as easy access to the beautiful National Park. The area is also renowned for its excellent bird watching opportunities. The stately home and gardens of Castle Howard are just four miles away, whilst the market towns of Malton and Helmsley are only eight miles away and are great places to visit. The historic city of York and the attractions of the East Coast are slightly further afield but are still within driving distance.