- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Gateside is a former threshing barn which has been sympathetically converted to a high standard and is located in the Yorkshire village of Newton-upon-Rawcliffe near to Pickering.
The property is an 'upside down' house and has three bedrooms (one double, one twin and one single) which with the addition of a family bathroom makes it suitable for five people.
Also in the cottage, on the ground floor is a fitted kitchen with a dining area and a sitting room with a woodburning stove.
Outside the cottage is a courtyard with furniture and off road parking for two cars 30 metres away.
Gateside is a charming base to discover the wide variety of attractions on offer in this beautiful part of Britain.
Three ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area. First floor sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating in bathroom and woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, table-top freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, telephone for incoming calls, selection of traditional toys
- Fuel, power and basket of logs inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Parking bay next to property for load/unloading only, off road parking for 2 cars 30 yards further on
- Courtyard garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Playing field with multi-sport hard court 3 mins walk
- Shop 4 miles, pub 2 mins walk.
About the location
Pickering 4 miles; North Yorks Coast 21 miles; York 30 miles.
The North York Moors National Park covers 554 square miles, with landscape ranging from heather-clad moorland and deep secluded dales, to the cliffs and coves of the magnificent coastline making it a haven for walkers.
The delightful, unspoiled village of Newton upon Rawcliffe is a picture-postcard village with stone cottages and farms clustered around the village green and duck pond, situated on the edge of the North York Moors National Park. The area has varied countryside and offers fantastic walking opportunities. Nearby Pickering is only four miles away and this historic market town is home to the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, England's longest steam railway. Near the centre of Pickering is Beck Isle Museum; a centre of bygone rural crafts and the customs of the local area. The magnificent abbeys of Byland and Rievaulx are close by as is the historic walled city of York and the stately home of Castle Howard. With its many activities and attractions, this is a fabulous area for a family holiday.