- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Broadband / WiFi
Ivy Cottage is a pretty terraced barn conversion situated in the village of Sawdon, 1.9 miles from the village of Brompton-by-Sawdon near to Scarborough in North Yorkshire.
The cottage can sleep two people in one four poster king-size double bedroom, as well as including a modern bathroom.
The cottage also contains a well-equipped kitchen and a sitting room with woodburning stove and a dining area.
There is also an additional mezzanine sitting area.
Outside of the cottage is off road parking for one car and a communal lawned area.
Ivy Cottage is situated in an ideal location for a perfect romantic retreat at any time of the year.
Mostly ground floor. One four poster king-size double bedroom. Bathroom with spacious walk in shower and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove. Mezzanine sitting area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, Wi Fi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Communal lawned area
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.9 miles, pub 1 min walk (open Wednesday to Sunday)
- Note: There are steep open tread stairs leading to the mezzanine
- Note: Although mostly ground floor, there are three internal steps
- Note: Adults only, no children or infants
Note: Adults only, no children or infants.
About the location
Brompton-by-Sawdon 1.9 miles; Scarborough 10 miles; Pickering 11 miles.
The North York Moors National Park covers 554 square miles, with landscape ranging from heather-clad moorland and deep secluded dales, to the cliffs and coves of the magnificent coastline making it a haven for walkers.
The small village of Sawdon is situated on the edge of the stunning North York Moors National Park, close to both Scarborough and Pickering. Sawdon has a pub called The Anvil (open Wednesday to Sunday), which is well known in the area for its excellent meals, and walks can be enjoyed from the village. Close by is Brompton-by-Sawdon, which is a delightful country village with stone-built cottages and is ideally placed for discovering the countryside, with the surrounding area being somewhat of a walker’s heaven. A little further afield the historic market town of Malton whilst the famous family beaches and seaside attractions of Scarborough are within easy reach.