- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
York House is a wonderful detached cottage in the village of Staithes, with sea views and a wealth of character and charm.
There are five bedrooms - a king-size double leading to a twin on the second floor, and on the first floor a king-size double, double with en-suite wet room and a single.
There is also a bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower cubicle on the first floor, and a cloakroom on the ground floor.
There is a kitchen with dining area, a sitting room with open fire in feature fireplace, and a basement games room with full size pool table.
Outside is a small courtyard, and a parking permit is provided for two cars for the car park at the top of the bank a couple of minutes' walk from the cottage.
York House has the amenities and beach of Staithes on the doorstep, as well as good walking and easy access to the rest of the coast, including Whitby, or the lovely North York Moors.
Over four floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x single, 1 x second floor king-size double leading to 1 x second floor twin. Bathroom with freestanding bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area (seats 8). Utility. Sitting room (seats 7) with open fire. Basement games room with pool table.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVDs, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Parking permit for 2 cars for car park at top of bank 10 mins walk from property (can unload/load nearer to property)
- Small patio with furniture (accessed by several steps)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and beach 2 mins walk
- Note: Property accessed via a footpath with several steps, approx 50m from the road
- Note: Some restricted headroom on top floor
- Note: £30 refundable deposit required for parking permits.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £250.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Whitby 10 miles.
The North York Moors National Park covers 554 square miles, with landscape ranging from heather-clad moorland and deep secluded dales, to the cliffs and coves of the magnificent coastline making it a haven for walkers.
The seaside village of Staithes, with its cobbled streets and back alleys, is something of an artist's dream. Its pretty houses and cottages are clustered around the old harbour and surrounded by high craggy cliffs and there is a sheltered sandy beach set amongst the rocky coastline. Nowadays, Staithes is a must for anyone visiting the Yorkshire Coast and has a good selection of pubs, shops and tea rooms. The best views of the town can be enjoyed from the Cleveland Way which runs down the cliffside to the sea's edge. Staithes is a superb base for exploring the Yorkshire Coast, visiting the larger resorts of Whitby or Scarborough and enjoying the moorland villages of the North York Moors National Park.