- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Captain's Hideaway is a terraced cottage spread over five floors in the centre of the North Yorkshire coastal town of Whitby.
The cottage sleeps seven people and has two double bedrooms (with ensuites) and a family room with three single beds, plus a family bathroom.
Also in the cottage are a fitted kitchen with a dining area and a sitting room.
With a small, enclosed yard and a fine roof terrace overlooking the Whitby Abbey and the sea, The Captain's Hideaway is a superb holiday cottage in a wonderful coastal location.
Over five floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x second floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and separate WC, 1 x third floor family room with 3 singles, 1 x fourth floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and gas flame-effect stove. First floor sitting room with open fire.
- Night storage heaters with gas fire and open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, radio, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent, starter pack for fire inc. in rent Oct - March, at other times of year logs can be purchased locally
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Travel permit provided for roadside parking for one car nearby on first come first serve basis plus private, allocated lockable garage unit for one small/medium sized car 250 yards away
- Small rooftop terrace with garden furniture
- Small enclosed yard with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Steep cottage stairs leading to top bedroom
- Note: Garage suitable for standard cars only
- Note: Small, high-walled yard unsuitable for large dogs
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Robin Hood's Bay 5.5 miles; Scarborough 19.3 miles; Pickering 23 miles; Guisborough 21.5 miles.
The North York Moors National Park covers 554 square miles, with landscape ranging from heather-clad moorland and deep secluded dales, to the cliffs and coves of the magnificent coastline making it a haven for walkers.
The ancient fishing port of Whitby lies at the mouth of the River Esk and is ideally situated for exploring this beautiful part of Yorkshire with its superb coastline and the spectacular North York Moors. Whitby is a charming and atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches and of course the Abbey, reached by the famous 199 steps.