- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Akeld Cottage is a delightful cottage set in a charming countryside location on the edge of the Northumberland National Park, three miles from Wooler.
Set over the ground floor level, this cottage offers three bedrooms including one double, one twin and one adult bunks, meaning it can sleep up to six people comfortably.
There's also a bathroom, a kitchen, a sitting room with dining area, while outside, there is off road parking for two cars plus an enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture.
Akeld Cottage sits on the edge of the Northumberland National Park, offering friends and families comfortable and spacious holiday accommodation is a lovely rural setting.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x small double with en-suite with shower, basin and WC, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- There is a starter pack provided for the wood burner - The local garage at Wooler sells wood burning logs in the court yard as does Farm to Freeze on the other side of the road
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Additional roadside parking is available a short walk away
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, however, this property does not accept puppies
- Dogs to be kept out of the bedrooms
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: Two small steps up to twin bedroom from sitting room
- Note: A free horse ride is available, for weekly bookings only by prior arrangement with owner
About the location
Berwick-upon-Tweed 16 miles; Bamburgh 15 miles; Alnwick 18 miles.
Northumberland is a heady combination of fishing villages, market towns, sandy beaches, magnificent castles and historic Hadrian’s Wall, tied together by beautiful countryside and abundant wildlife.
Wooler is a delightful, historic market town on the banks of the River Till, one of the tributaries of the Tweed, nestling in the foothills of the Cheviots which form part of the Pennine Way. Known locally as 'The Gateway to The Cheviots', Wooler has a selection of hotels and eating places and offers a magnificent location for exploring the whole of Northumberland and the Scottish Borders.