- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Old Farmhouse is a detached cottage on a working farm in a rural position between the villages of Lowick and Ford in Northumberland.
With two double bedrooms (one with an ensuite), one twin and a single bedroom plus a family bathroom, this cottage can sleep seven people.
The rest of the accommodation is made up of a fitted kitchen, a dining room and a sitting room with an open fire.
Outside the cottage is a large garden with outdoor furniture and a BBQ as well as off road parking for three cars.
With its neighbouring cottage, The Old Farmhouse can sleep up to eleven people making it perfect for a family group looking to explore this beautiful area.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double by arrangement), 1 x child's single. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVDs, DAB radio, iPod dock, CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent, additional fuel available to purchase from owners
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Cot and highchair if requested at booking
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Attractive garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Cottage is suitable for a maximum of 6 people plus 1 infant
- The Old Farmhouse - Gold winner for Best in North East England in Sykes Gems awards 2018, 5 Star Gold - Tourist Board Rating Note: charging electric cars is not allowed at the property
Note: Cottage is suitable for a maximum of 6 people plus 1 infant
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £150.
About the location
Holy Island 7.9 miles; Wooler 8 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 11 miles; Bamburgh 12.7 miles; Seahouses 16 miles
Northumberland is a heady combination of fishing villages, market towns, sandy beaches, magnificent castles and historic Hadrian's Wall, tied together by beautiful countryside and abundant wildlife.
The attractive village of Lowick is well placed for an enjoyable holiday in Northumberland. The Etal Estate is nearby and offers cycling, fishing, a mini railway and other activities, making it an ideal destination for a fun family day out. The pretty village of Ford has a castle and craft shops and is only two miles away from Lowick. There are eight golf courses within a 20-mile radius of Lowick, so golfers are well catered for. To the west of the village is Drayton Park with its renowned gardens. The beautiful Heritage Coastline, Holy Island and Lindisfarne, the Cheviot Hills and the historical border town of Berwick-upon-Tweed can be easily reached from this location. A great base for exploring this lovely area.