- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
A trio of stone-built holiday cottages next to the owner’s home, in the scattered hamlet of Beal. Just a short drive from the Holy Island access road, these cottages in Beal are ideal for families or friends who wish to explore this fascinating region and have instant access to the main routes north and south. A former schoolhouse, these Beal cottages offer three cosy units, all well thought out to provide comfortable, compact accommodation for a Northumberland break. Open plan living areas and a quirky spiral staircase lead up to the inviting family bedrooms at mezzanine level, and to the front of these Beal cottages there is an enclosed patio area with furniture. The small hamlet of Beal boasts fantastic attractions, with the popular tourist destination The Barn at Beal offering birdwatching, a great bar and restaurant, and a shop selling locally-grown produce. With excellent walks and cycle routes and with Berwick-upon-Tweed close by with its traditional shops, good pubs, wine bars and restaurants, any stay in these Beal cottages is sure to be a memorable one. With Holy Island, the Heritage Coast and Edinburgh all an easy drive away, this is a superb base for touring Northumberland and enjoying the spectacular scenery the region has to offer. Perfect Northumberland cottages for a relaxing break in the very heart of The Borders, close to the historic Holy Island.
Cuthbert’s Cottage is a charming little cottage in Beal, near Holy Island, with a spiral staircase leading to a spacious mezzanine bedroom and can sleep five people.
The cottage has a mezzanine bedroom with a double and single bed, a ground floor shower room and an open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with a double sofa bed and woodburner.
Outside there is off road parking for one car and a patio.
Beal boasts fantastic attractions with the popular tourist destination The Barn at Beal offering birdwatching, a great bar and restaurant, and a shop selling locally-grown produce.
Cuthbert’s Cottage is a wonderful holiday base.
One mezzanine family bedroom with 1 double and 1 single. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area (seats 4) and sitting area with double sofa bed and woodburner.
- Electric night storage heaters with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed front patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Coast 2 miles
- Note: A shared lawned garden is available to use by prior arrangement with the owner
- Note: Property is part of Farne Cottages, a small complex next to the A1 and some noise from both the road and a petrol station will be experienced during your stay
- Note: Narrow winding stairs lead to the mezzanine bedroom, care should be taken and they may be unsuitable for the elderly or those with limited mobility
- Note: Check-in 4pm
About the location
Holy Island 2 miles; Berwick 9 miles.
Northumberland is a heady combination of fishing villages, market towns, sandy beaches, magnificent castles and historic Hadrian's Wall, tied together by beautiful countryside and abundant wildlife.
The tiny hamlet of Beal is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just two miles from Holy Island.