- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Lookout is a luxury, three-storey property in Embleton.
With six bedrooms, all either a double or zip/link, and all with an en-suite or access to a bathroom, it sleeps twelve people comfortably.
There is also a second floor shower room, ground floor basin and WC, kitchen with dining area, first floor utility, sitting room with open fire, first floor sitting room with woodburner and a Grade II listed watch tower.
Outside, there is roadside parking, a raised deck area, front patio with fire pit, and wonderful sea views.
The Lookout is a fantastic luxury base for any special occasion.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x second floor queen-size double with freestanding roll-top bath, 1 x second floor queen-size double with en-suite bath, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor twin (zip/link, can be double on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor twin (zip/link, can be double on request), 1 x double with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Second floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. First floor utility. Sitting room with open fire. First floor sitting room with woodburner. Grade II listed watch tower accessed via first floor sitting room.
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and bathrooms, open fire and woodburner
- Two electric double oven, 5-burner induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 50" TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire/stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking next to property
- Raised deck area
- Front patio with grassed area, fire pit and sea/castle views
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and beach 8 mins walk
- Note: No hen or stag parties
- Note: The watch tower is currently undergoing renovation work, due to be completed by early 2020
- Note: Due to the beautiful nature of the wooden floors, please no high heels.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Craster 3 miles; Beadnell 4 miles; Alnwick 7 miles.
Northumberland is a heady combination of fishing villages, market towns, sandy beaches, magnificent castles and historic Hadrian's Wall, tied together by beautiful countryside and abundant wildlife.
The village of Embleton can be traced back to beyond medieval times and during the Wars of the Roses, it suffered much from the ravages of Scottish invaders. Today, ancient castles and ruins stand testament to Embleton's turbulent past; the Church of Holy Trinity is a late-Norman church, dating from the 12th century, later to be restored in Victorian times. Viewed from the sea, the undulating whinstone ridge that shelters much of the village from east winds, resembles a caterpillar, hence the old name 'Emeldune', meaning the hill of the caterpillar. The rolling countryside means that golfers can enjoy a good 18-hole links golf course that overlooks the beautiful Embleton Bay. Recently launched is the Embleton Heritage Trails Project, consisting of six trails, ranging from a short walk around the village, to a longer six mile route, following the spectacular coastline and inland into the tranquil countryside.