- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Houghton North Farm Cottage is a single storey terraced cottage on a working farm in the village of Heddon-on-the-Wall.
The cottage has a twin room with TV, and a room which can be offered as either a double or a twin, with a TV and en-suite shower, basin and WC.
The kitchen has a dining area and folding doors to the patio, while the sitting room has a sofabed and a woodburning stove.
Outside is off road parking for two cars, and the patio with furniture makes a lovely spot to relax with a morning coffee.
From Houghton North Farm Cottage, it is easy to enjoy walking in Hadrian's Wall county, the town of Hexham, city of Newcastle and even the dramatic Northumberland Heritage Coastline.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x twin, 1 x double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area and folding doors to patio. Sitting room with woodburning stove and double sofa bed.
- Biomass central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 4 x TVs with Freeview, 2 with DVD, WIFI, CD player/radio, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Fuel for stove available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Rear patio with garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Please note: The front garden at this Heddon-on-the-Wall cottage is not available for use by holidaymakers
- Note: Within the bathroom there is a large step up into the shower
- Note: Although all on the ground floor, this property isn't suitable for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility
- Note:Maximum party of 4 adults and 2 infants
Note:Maximum party of 4 adults and two infants
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Wylam 2 miles; Newcastle upon Tyne 8 miles; Corbridge 10 miles.
Northumberland is a heady combination of fishing villages, market towns, sandy beaches, magnificent castles and historic Hadrian's Wall, tied together by beautiful countryside and abundant wildlife.
Situated south of the River Tyne is Heddon-on-the-Wall, on the line of the old Hadrian's Wall, with a section of wall still visible at the edge of the village. The village is surrounded by farms and open countryside, yet nearby the historic village of Wylam, the birthplace of George Stephenson, and also the town of Corbridge, which has an array of small shops. Just fourteen miles away from Heddon-on-the-Wall is the town of Hexham with its Abbey, Old Gaol and town centre. The bustling city of Newcastle upon Tyne is within driving distance and has many attractions, shops and eateries which will suit all tastes. Heddon-on-the-Wall is an ideal base to explore the many attractions, villages and towns in the area.