- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The Granary is a semi detached, stone built cottage, adjoining the owner's home is a former cow byre, and is located three miles from the village of Lanchester and eleven miles from the city of Durham.
This cottage sleeps five people and has two bedrooms, consisting of one double and one family room with three single beds, as well as a family shower room.
The cottage also has a fitted kitchen with dining area and a sitting room with a woodburning stove and conservatory.
To the outside of this cottage there is off road parking and enclosed garden area with garden furniture.
The Granary is a lovely, rural cottage, in a brilliant location for exploring Northumberland.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family with three single beds. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove and conservatory. Entrance porch.
- LPG central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric double oven with hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Extra fuel for fire can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking (access to property is via a 150m private lane)
- Enclosed garden areas with garden furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome under strict control
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Due to rural location, internet connection and speeds cannot be guaranteed
- Note: The owner's ponies, hens and occasionally sheep are nearby
- All children must be supervised when near the livestock and dogs must be kept under control
- Neighbouring farms also have livestock.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Durham 8 miles; Newcastle 20 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Approximately eight miles to the west of the historic City of Durham itself is the lovely village of Lanchester. Set in the beautiful countryside of County Durham, this village took its name from the Roman fort of Longovicium, situated half a mile to the south-west. Today, archaeologists are still drawn to this charming settlement because of the Roman connection with the fort and the neighbouring villages, situated on the old 'Roman Dere Street. The Norman church was - along with a number of the surrounding farms - built using stones from the original Longovicium fort. The village now offers a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants and the surrounding countryside is full of excellent walks, as well as historic attractions. Just 20 miles away is the city of Newcastle, which provides the usual cosmopolitan entertainment's, whilst for those in search of sun and sand will enjoy the beaches and castles of the North Sea Coastline.