- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Gardener's Cottage is a semi-detached cottage is in a courtyard location with woodland views in the hamlet of Allanton just outside Chirnside in the Scottish Borders.
With one double and one twin bedroom (with ensuite facilities) and a family bathroom, this cottage can sleep four people.
The cottage also contains an open plan living area with a small fitted kitchen, a dining area and a sitting room with electric fire.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for two cars, a small, enclosed patio with garden furniture and access to shared grounds.
With the addition of two further cottages in the grounds, Gardener's Cottage can sleep a total of ten people in this beautiful region of Southern Scotland.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be double by prior arrangement) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with small kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
- Night storage heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Small, enclosed patio with furniture, access to shared grounds
- Three well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: WiFi can be intermittent
- Christmas is quickly approaching and Gardener’s Cottage is a wonderful, warm and welcoming cosy space in which to plan your Christmas Shopping
- Edinburgh and Newcastle are easily accessible by car and train and both host wonderful Christmas shopping experiences
- Local towns such as Duns, Kelso, Newton St Boswells, also have hidden gems of boutiques and galleries, perfect for unique gifts
- You can have the best of both worlds, venture out into the bright lights for the day, and then return to the tranquil peace of the cottage for a relaxing evening
- Shopping not your thing? Then escape to Gardener’s Cottage for a quiet retreat before the Christmas madness begins!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Duns 6 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 9 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The village of Chirnside occupies an elevated position overlooking the River Tweed and offers stunning views across the magnificent Cheviot Hills. A number of interesting landmarks depict the village's long history, including a 16th Century dovecot and a beautiful parish church, believed to date back to the 12th Century. Each summer, the Jim Clark Rally, the only 'closed roads' race on mainland Britain, takes place in and around Chirnside as a memorial to the village's home born champion. Just 9 miles away lies the charming, coastal town of Berwick, boasting narrow streets enclosed within Elizabethan walls, excellent shopping and dining facilities and an interesting arts centre. The local area affords fantastic fishing, golf and riding opportunities and a fun-packed leisure centre, whilst the nearby resort of Spittal offers soft, sandy beaches, ideal for a relaxing afternoon.