- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
The Coach House is a semi-detached cottage is in a courtyard location with woodland views in the hamlet of Allanton just outside Chirnside in the Scottish Borders.
With one double bedroom and a family bathroom, this cottage can sleep two people.
The cottage also contains a fitted kitchen and a sitting room with a dining area and a woodburning stove.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for two cars, a cottage garden with a patio and garden furniture and access to shared grounds.
With the addition of two further cottages in the grounds, The Coach House can sleep a total of ten people in this beautiful region of Southern Scotland.
All ground floor. One double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin by prior arrangement). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen overlooking garden. Utility. Sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, CD/radio, WiFi
- All fuel and power inc. in rent, additional logs available from log pile when available
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Cottage garden with patio, furniture and BBQ, access to shared grounds
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile
- Christmas is approaching quickly and The Coach House is a wonderful, warm and welcoming cosy space in which to plan your Christmas Shopping
- Edinburgh and Newcastle are easily accessible by car and train and both host wonderful Christmas shopping experiences
- Local towns such as Duns, Kelso, Newton St Boswells, also have hidden gems of boutiques and galleries, perfect for unique gifts
- You can have the best of both worlds, venture out into the bright lights for the day, and then return to the tranquil peace of the cottage for a relaxing evening. Shopping not your thing? Then escape to the Coach House for a quiet retreat before the Christmas madness begins!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Duns 6 miles; Berwick-upon-Tweed 9 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain's best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The village of Chirnside occupies an elevated position overlooking the River Tweed and offers stunning views across the magnificent Cheviot Hills. A number of interesting landmarks depict the village's long history, including a 16th Century dovecot and a beautiful parish church, believed to date back to the 12th Century. Each summer, the Jim Clark Rally, the only 'closed roads' race on mainland Britain, takes place in and around Chirnside as a memorial to the village's home born champion. Just 9 miles away lies the charming, coastal town of Berwick, boasting narrow streets enclosed within Elizabethan walls, excellent shopping and dining facilities and an interesting arts centre. The local area affords fantastic fishing, golf and riding opportunities and a fun-packed leisure centre, whilst the nearby resort of Spittal offers soft, sandy beaches, ideal for a relaxing afternoon.