- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Highfield Cottage is a charming semi-detached cottage in a country setting a mile from the town of Leek, near the Peak District National Park.
There is a king-size double bedroom, a further double and a twin room.
There is a family bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC, as well as a ground floor shower room.
Downstairs, there is a kitchen with dining area, a sitting room and a reading room.
Outside, there is off road parking for three cars and an enclosed garden with summer house and lovely country views.
With all the amenities of Leek within easy reach, and the walks, cycle trails, villages and climbing of the National Park on the doorstep, Highfield Cottage makes a lovely welcoming family base.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with electric fire. Reading room with gas fire.
- Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting room and gas fire in reading room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD player, books,games,DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Stairgate available
- Large enclosed garden with lawned area, patio with furniture and summerhouse
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, supermarket, tea room and pub 5 mins walk
- Town centre facilities 1 mile.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Buxton 12 miles; Ashbourne 15 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
The market town of Leek is situated on the western side of The Peak District National Park and is surrounded by lovely Moorland countryside. The town has a charming cobbled market place and there are many examples of fine Victorian architecture - a reminder of the town's prosperity when it was renowned as a silk manufacturing centre. Today Leek offers a wide selection of shops including vast antique emporiums, bookshops and galleries and there is good selection of restaurants and real ale pubs. Alton Towers is less than 15 minutes drive away.