- Swimming pool
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Plaish Park Farm Cottages
Cardington 1.5 miles. Four very special conversions in an idyllic rural setting! Three of the cottages, Grade II listed barn conversions, are on the owners' 700 acre farm in the hamlet of Plaish near Cardington, with a fourth cottage, a quality stable conversion set just a few hundred yards from the farm. These quality Shropshire cottages are all full of character, with a host of features including woodburners, exposed beams and lovely views from the farm-based cottages, plus three of the cottages are heated by an award-winning, sustainable renewable biomass system using timber from the farm. All guests have use of a full-size tennis court, a children's play area, ride on go-karts, two games rooms and the owners' grounds, including a private 1.5 mile farm and woodland walk, conservation area with natural pools and picnic area, and an abundance of wildlife, plus the chance to feed the chickens, and enjoy pony rides (sorry, children only!). The cottages are perfect for a wedding reception or celebration; as well as sleeping 38, Plaish Park Farm Cottages can cater for parties up to 100 with the option of marquees in the gardens. Central to all of Shropshire's attractions and with the recent addition of an onsite luxury indoor bespoke infinity pool and gym available for private hire, these quality Shropshire cottages are a superb location all year round.
Located on the owners' 700-acre farm, Corn House is one of two exceptional listed barn conversions in Plaish.
Guests have use of the games room and the owners' grounds, including an exclusive 2 mile farm woodland walk, and stabling with hacks and cross country jumps with access to the Jack Mytton Way.
With wood burners, exposed beams and lovely views, it's a charming and characterful property.
Larger groups should consider hiring both Corn House and its wonderfully named neighbour, Turnip House.
The two are connected by a soundproof door and together can accommodate up to 16 people.
Main house has four bedrooms: 1 x lower ground floor four poster double with en-suite shower, basin & WC,
First floor ....1 large bedroom with king size bed and additional single bed and fitted wardrobes. En-suite shower, basin & WC. 2 x twin rooms sharing main bathroom with WC,sink and bath with shower . Additional cloakroom WC in hall.
Adjoining the property is a 2 bed-roomed two storey self contained annex (via outside door ) - Not on the floor plan. Entrance hall to Dining room / lounge with log burner, oak bespoke fully equipped kitchen and utility with WC and sink.First floor 2 x en suite bedrooms consisting of 1 x double bed and 1 single bed with en-suite shower/WC/sink. Main bedroom king size bed and full size adult day bed. En suite bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC.
- Award winning environmentally friendly bio-mass central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer in utility, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, payphone, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Private patio with furniture, BBQ, shared lawn area leading to woodland walks, picnic area & conservation ponds
- Children's play area
- Shared use of full-size tennis court
- Two shared games rooms with pool table & table tennis
- Local fishing & riding available
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Shop 7 miles, pubs 1.7 miles, Church Stretton train station 7 miles
- Note: Onsite bespoke indoor leisure spa including 20 metre 1.2 deep pool with bubble area and relaxation viewing balcony
- Pool side showers & cold water plunge bucket
- Spotify music & wifi
- Well equipped gym
- Available to hire for 2 hour sessions 11am-1pm or 3pm-5pm at £10.00 per head
- Changing rooms & towels provided
- Bookable with the owner onsite on arrival
- Note: The swimming pool shown in the images above is not included in the rental cost
- This is available at additional cost and is bookable directly with the owner on arrival
- Under 4's are not allowed in the swimming pool.
Note: Onsite luxury indoor bespoke spa/pool/gym available for private hire direct with owners.
Note: The swimming pool shown in the images above is not included in the rental cost. This is available at additional cost and is bookable directly with the owner on arrival.
Swimming pool is only available between 11:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 - 17:00, to be booked directly with the owner upon arrival.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Much Wenlock 7 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Popular with nature lovers, ramblers, equine enthusiasts or those who just enjoy relaxing in bucolic bliss, Plaish and nearby Cardington offers a quiet haven to get away from it all and enjoy a quintessentially English rural break. The larger market towns in the area offer an urban distraction for those who fancy a break from all that peace and quiet, while other attractions in the area include Severn Valley Steam Railway, Action Scott Historic Working Farm, Stokesay Castle and Ironbridge. Fans of the esoteric arts should note: Cardington was owned by the Knights Templar until 1308.