- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Plaish Park Farm Cottages
Cardington 1.5 miles. Four very special conversions in an idyllic rural setting! Three of the cottages, Grade II listed barn conversions, are on the owners' 700 acre farm in the hamlet of Plaish near Cardington, with a fourth cottage, a quality stable conversion set just a few hundred yards from the farm. These quality Shropshire cottages are all full of character, with a host of features including woodburners, exposed beams and lovely views from the farm-based cottages, plus three of the cottages are heated by an award-winning, sustainable renewable biomass system using timber from the farm. All guests have use of a full-size tennis court, a children's play area, ride on go-karts, two games rooms and the owners' grounds, including a private 1.5 mile farm and woodland walk, conservation area with natural pools and picnic area, and an abundance of wildlife, plus the chance to feed the chickens, and enjoy pony rides (sorry, children only!). The cottages are perfect for a wedding reception or celebration; as well as sleeping 31, Plaish Park Farm Cottages can cater for parties up to 100 with the option of marquees in the gardens. Central to all of Shropshire's attractions, these quality Shropshire cottages are in an ideal location for a break at any time of the year!
Spinney Retreat is a gorgeous property that has been sensitively converted from an old stable building into a charming holiday cottage.
There's a lovely rustic wood burner in the sitting room, which is a great place to gather the family together.
Whoever stays in this property has access to the owners' games room on the farm and the farm grounds too.
The property is all laid out on one floor and comprises of 1 double bedroom with en suite, 1 twin bedroom, a bathroom with bath and a shower, a fully fitted kitchen and a neat sitting room.
There are exposed wood beams dotted about the property as well, which adds an authentic rural feel to the house.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, level access shower, basin & WC. Well-equipped fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with exposed beams & woodburner.
- Electric central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, payphone, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Extra wood can be bought from owner
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Patio with furniture & BBQ, use of natural pools, picnic area & woodland walks
- Children's play area
- Shared use of full-size tennis court
- Two shared games rooms with pool table & table tennis
- Ample off road parking
- Local fishing & riding available
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 miles, pubs 1.75 miles (Cardington & Longville), Church Stretton train station 7 miles
- Note: Onsite bespoke indoor leisure spa including 20 metre 1.2 deep pool with bubble area and relaxation viewing balcony
- Pool side showers & cold water plunge bucket
- Spotify music & wifi
- Well equipped gym
- Available to hire for 2 hour sessions 11am-1pm or 3pm-5pm at £10.00 per head
- Changing rooms & towels provided
- Bookable with the owner onsite on arrival
Note: The swimming pool shown in the images above is not included in the rental cost. This is available at additional cost and is bookable directly with the owner on arrival.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Much Wenlock 7 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The fact that the village is in such unspoilt countryside means that it's a great location to have as a base for your holiday if you are fond of walking, cycling and nature spotting. Cardington is also famous for its pub, which is actually the oldest in Shropshire, so old in fact that it's even got a mention in the Domesday Book. Ironbridge Gorge is in close proximity too and is well worth a visit. It has 10 museums all housing different exhibitions and artefacts, so if the weather turns wet you can pack up the family and make the short driveto Iron Gorge safe in the knowledge that they will have plenty to explore.