- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Plaish Park Farm Cottages
Cardington 1.5 miles. Four very special conversions in an idyllic rural setting! Three of the cottages, Grade II listed barn conversions, are on the owners' 700 acre farm in the hamlet of Plaish near Cardington, with a fourth cottage, a quality stable conversion set just a few hundred yards from the farm. These quality Shropshire cottages are all full of character, with a host of features including woodburners, exposed beams and lovely views from the farm-based cottages, plus three of the cottages are heated by an award-winning, sustainable renewable biomass system using timber from the farm. All guests have use of a full-size tennis court, a children's play area, ride on go-karts, two games rooms and the owners' grounds, including a private 1.5 mile farm and woodland walk, conservation area with natural pools and picnic area, and an abundance of wildlife, plus the chance to feed the chickens, and enjoy pony rides (sorry, children only!). The cottages are perfect for a wedding reception or celebration; as well as sleeping 38, Plaish Park Farm Cottages can cater for parties up to 100 with the option of marquees in the gardens. Central to all of Shropshire's attractions and with the recent addition of an onsite luxury indoor bespoke infinity pool and gym available for private hire, these quality Shropshire cottages are a superb location all year round.
This impressive cottage is part of a grade II listed barn conversion, which is situated on the owner's 700-acre farm in the hamlet of Plaish near Cardington.
Dating from the 16th Century, this property offers a range of period features as well as all necessary modern amenities including oak beams, wall timbers, exposed stone walls and four wonderful bedrooms.
Guests have the use of two games rooms within the owner's grounds in addition to a private two mile farm and woodland walk, a picnic area, and an abundance of wildlife.
Children can also enjoy the opportunity to feed the chickens and enjoy pony rides whilst the owners offer stabling together with hacks and cross country jumps with access to the Jack Mytton Way.
Four bedrooms: 1 x family with king-size double, single & en-suite shower, basin, WC, 1 x family with double, single & en-suite shower, basin, WC (both bedrooms accessed via staircase off dining room), 1 x family with 3 x singles (zip & link, can be king-size double & single by prior arrangement) & basin, 1 x 3/4 double with en-suite basin & WC (accessed via small staircase from sitting room). Bathroom with roll-top bath, shower cubicle, basin & WC. Ground floor basin & WC. Handmade oak kitchen with Belfast sink & granite worktops. Utility/drying room. Oak floored dining room with patio doors. Large sitting room with woodburner.
- Award winning environmentally friendly bio-mass central heating
- Electric range cooker with double oven & 5 ring ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/ freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, wall mounted flat screen TV, DVD, 4 x combi TV/DVD, payphone, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Extra wood can be bought from owner
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate available
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Bike storage available
- Front patio garden with furniture, BBQ & hill views
- Two shared games rooms with pool table & table tennis
- Shared grounds including farm walk, conservation ponds & picnic area
- Children's play area
- Shared use of full-size tennis court
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 miles, pubs 1.7 miles, Church Stretton train station 7 miles
- NOTE: Check-in 3.30pm and Check-out 10.00am
- NOTE: The swimming pool shown in the images above is not included in the rental cost; Onsite bespoke indoor leisure spa and well equipped gym is available to book on your arrival for 2-hour private block sessions from 11-1pm or 3-5pm daily at £10.00 per head per session; Includes 20 metre infinity 1.2 deep pool with bubble area and relaxation viewing balcony, pool side showers & cold water plunge bucket, Spotify music & WiFi, changing rooms and towels provided; Strictly no under 4's for health and safety reasons
- NOTE: No stag/hen or similar without the prior agreement of the owner.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Much Wenlock 7 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Set amidst the rolling hills of the South Shropshire countryside, the village of Cardington boasts the oldest pub in Shropshire - The Royal Oak - which is mentioned in the Domesday Book. Its rural location makes a wonderful base whilst sightseeing and the village provides miles of country paths in all directions through the beautiful Shropshire hills, making this an excellent spot for cyclists and walkers. There is a wide variety of birdlife - including buzzards, woodpeckers and ravens, as well as the Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, Severn Valley Steam Railway, Stokesay Castle, Shrewsbury, Ludlow and the Ironbridge Gorge â€“ boasting as many as 10 museums. The attractive market towns of Church Stretton - known as 'Little Switzerland' by the Victorians - and Much Wenlock are both within easy driving distance and offer a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants.