- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Plaish Park Farm Cottages
Cardington 1.5 miles. Four very special conversions in an idyllic rural setting! Three of the cottages, Grade II listed barn conversions, are on the owners' 700 acre farm in the hamlet of Plaish near Cardington, with a fourth cottage, a quality stable conversion set just a few hundred yards from the farm. These quality Shropshire cottages are all full of character, with a host of features including woodburners, exposed beams and lovely views from the farm-based cottages, plus three of the cottages are heated by an award-winning, sustainable renewable biomass system using timber from the farm. All guests have use of a full-size tennis court, a children's play area, ride on go-karts, two games rooms and the owners' grounds, including a private 1.5 mile farm and woodland walk, conservation area with natural pools and picnic area, and an abundance of wildlife, plus the chance to feed the chickens, and enjoy pony rides (sorry, children only!). The cottages are perfect for a wedding reception or celebration; as well as sleeping 38, Plaish Park Farm Cottages can cater for parties up to 100 with the option of marquees in the gardens. Central to all of Shropshire's attractions and with the recent addition of an onsite luxury indoor bespoke infinity pool and gym available for private hire, these quality Shropshire cottages are a superb location all year round.
As one of four cottages, this Grade II listed barn conversion is set on the owner's 700-acre farm near Cardington.
This property offers plenty of character, including a wood-burning stove, exposed ceiling beams and country views.
With four bedrooms, this holiday home is able to sleep up to eight people and offers shared access to two games rooms and the owner's grounds.
These include a private farm walk, a conservation area with natural pools and picnic site, as well as an abundance of wildlife.
Children can also enjoy pony rides and are permitted to feed the chickens.
The owners offer stabling, together with hacks and cross country jumps with access to the Jack Mytton Way.
Over three floors. Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor four poster king-size with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with roll-top bath, separate shower, basin & WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Lower ground floor fitted oak kitchen with breakfast bar and dining area with patio doors. Lower ground floor utility. Large ground floor sitting room with woodburner & patio doors with expansive views. Tiled entrance hall.
- Award winning environmentally friendly bio-mass central heating
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer in utility, dishwasher, TV, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, extra logs availible to purchase on site
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Private patio with furniture, BBQ, shared lawn area leading to woodland walks, picnic area & conservation ponds
- Children's play area
- Shared use of full-size tennis court
- Two shared games rooms with pool table & table tennis
- Ample off road parking
- Local fishing & riding available
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 7 miles, pubs 1.7 miles, Church Stretton train station 7 miles
- NOTE: Check-in 3.30pm and Check-out 10.00am
- NOTE: The swimming pool and integrated hot tub shown in the images above are not included in the rental cost; Onsite bespoke indoor leisure spa and well equipped gym is available to book on your arrival for 2-hour private block sessions from 11-1pm or 3-5pm daily at £10.00 per head per session; Includes 20 metre infinity 1.2 deep pool with integrated hot tub bubble area and relaxation viewing balcony, pool side showers & cold water plunge bucket, Spotify music & WiFi, changing rooms and towels provided; Strictly no under 4's for health and safety reasons NOTE: There is a supplement charge of £35 for a 2nd pet during the holiday
- NOTE: No stag/hen or similar without the prior agreement of the owner.
Please Note - The swimming pool and integrated hot tub shown in the images are in a separate building and subject to an additional charge
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Much Wenlock 7 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was "the quietest place under the sun" and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
Set amidst the rolling hills and beautiful countryside, the village of Cardington boaststhe oldest pub in Shropshire â€“ The Royal Oak â€“ an establishment mentioned in the Domesday Book. This wonderful, remote setting is an excellent spot for walkers, cyclists and bird watchers, though the area also boasts facilities for horse riders. The local area is home to the Acton Scott Historic Working Farm, Severn Valley Steam Railway, Stokesay Castle, Shrewsbury, Ludlow and the Ironbridge Gorge. The market towns of Church Stretton â€“ known as "Little Switzerland" by the Victorians â€“ and Much Wenlock are both close by and offer a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants.