- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This is a charming 16th Century detached barn that has been tastefully converted to provide outstanding holiday accommodation.
Many of the original features have been retained giving the property charm and character.
The open plan design makes the barn spacious and welcoming, the comfortable and relaxing sitting room has exposed beams and a wood burner and is raised up from the well-equipped kitchen and dining room.
There are two beautiful and tranquil bedrooms, ensuring a restful night's sleep and the shower room is contemporary and well appointed.
Outside there is a delightful patio garden with furniture and the pub is only a minute's walk away.
This property offers a peaceful retreat and the ideal base from which to enjoy everything this stunning area has to offer.
Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Ground floor WC & basin. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area & raised sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburner
- Electric oven & induction hob, microwave, Nespresso machine, fridge/freezer, three drawer freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray/DVD, FM/DAB/internet-enabled radio, iPod dock and Bluetooth player, WiFi
- Small library of books/DVDs
- Fuel, power and logs for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Quiet roadside parking directly outside property
- Secluded, attractive patio seating area with garden furniture, BBQ & space for bicycles
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, village pub 1 min walk
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Carsington Water 2 miles; Matlock 8 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
Brassington is a tranquil, unspoiled conservation village on the outskirts of the Peak District National Park. Brassington has cottages dating back to the 17th and 18th Centuries and is a traditional limestone village. It has two public houses, both of which serve good food, and the bustling town of Matlock is just eight miles away for a wider range of shops and other amenities. Carsington Water is only two miles' distance and offers many outdoor pursuits such as sailing, boating, windsurfing and cycling. The park also has a restaurant, shops and an adventure playground for children. There are many towns and villages including Bakewell, Ashbourne and Matlock, waiting to be explored in this spectacular region and Brassington is a perfect holiday base from which to do this.