- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Acorn Cottage is a stone-built Peak District cottage, located on the owners' working smallholding in the tiny hamlet of Brockhurst, one mile from the pretty village of Ashover in Derbyshire.
The cottage can sleep four people in two bedrooms - one double and one twin.
Guests also have a ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC, along with a first floor bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
The living accommodation consists of a kitchen with dining area, a sitting room with woodburning stove and a garden room.
Outside, guests have use of a side garden with patio, lawns and furniture and there is also off road parking for two cars.
With lovely countryside views to enjoy, and towns, villages and historic houses to discover nearby, Acorn Cottage makes a great base for discovering the Peak District.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Garden room with views over garden.
- LPG central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Side, enclosed garden with patio and lawns with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Guests are welcome to help with the farm animals, which are kept in the fields behind the owners' house
- Taster beekeeping sessions are available by arrangement
- Note: Property is opposite owners' farmhouse and small B & B
Owner is willing to reduce the rate for December 24th x 7 nights. Please contact our Travel Experts for more information
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Matlock 5 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
Ashover is a small village in the Amber Valley, 5 miles from Matlock in the Peak District, home to several good pubs including the Crispin Inn, renowned as one of the oldest pubs in the Peak District, and a golf course. Nearby Matlock offers good amenities and a museum, while Gulliver's Kingdom makes a great family day out with its exciting theme park rides, owl maze, water gardens and nature trails. Discover the High Peak Cycle Trail, or visit Bakewell and Chatsworth House.