- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Three delightful stone-built Peak District cottages found in the peaceful village of Chelmorton, within easy reach of the popular spa town of Buxton and the market town of Bakewell. Showcasing a lovely renovation of a traditional stone barn dating from 1837, these fantastic Peak District cottages skilfully blend original character and contemporary styling, with exposed stonework, stone flagged floors and en-suite bathrooms, whilst enjoying an idyllic village position. All three cottages have the use of a shared grass paddock with a feature wooden castle for children to play on. Adjoining the paddock is a three-acre meadow to enjoy, with a flowing grass walkway, perfect for safely exercising your dog off the lead or enjoying family games. There are benches available for you to sit and relax on and take in the picturesque views around Chelmorton. The surrounding area offers great walking and cycling and an abundance of wildlife, from Deepdale to the summit of the Low with its prehistoric barrows, which is also well-known for its September 1000ft fell race. Perfectly placed for all that the National Park has to offer, these Peak District cottages really do offer a magnificent holiday retreat.
2 Primitive Mews is a terraced barn conversion cottage in the village of Chelmorton, just four miles from Buxton in the Peak District.
With one double bedroom and one twin room (both with ensuite facilities), this cottage can sleep four people.
Also included in the cottage are a kitchen with a dining area and a sitting room with a woodburner.
To the outside of the cottage is a gated rear garden with outdoor furniture and a barbecue, Shared use of children's wooden play castle as well as off road parking for two cars.
With its neighbouring cottage, 2 Primitive Mews can sleep a total of eight people and is ideal for exploring the stunning Peak District National Park.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, both with en-suite body-jet shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove
- Electric central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 60” plasma TV, Blu-ray/DVD player with a selection of DVDs, WiFi, small library of books/games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Welcome pack inc. tea, coffee, sugar, bread, biscuits and beans
- Off-road parking for two cars
- Secure gated rear garden with outdoor furniture and barbecue
- Shared use of 3-acre grass paddock, dogs can run off lead
- One small well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking or vaping
- Shop within 4.3 miles, pub within 0.3 miles
- NOTE: No children under the age of 4 allowed at this cottage Please note: Due to government restrictions, for stays between 12 April - 16 May 2021 inclusive, one double bedroom with en-suite body-jet shower, basin and WC will be available to one household only and the second bedroom and bathroom will be closed off All other facilities remain available during this time.
Please note: Due to government restrictions, for stays between 12 April - 16 May 2021 inclusive, the master bedroom with en-suite Jacuzzi bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC will be available to one household only and the second bedroom and en-suite bathroom will be closed off, All other facilities remain available during this time
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Buxton 4 miles; Bakewell 7 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
The village of Chelmorton is situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park. The village boasts a village shop and pub which serves good food. Chelmorton has a fascinating historic landscape of 'fossil' arable strips enclosed within drystone walls and the village has a lovely medieval church of St John the Baptist.