- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Barn Croft Cottage is a stone built cottage situated in the village of Elton, five miles from both Matlock and Bakewell in the Peak District National Park.
This all ground floor cottage sleeps two people and has one double bedroom, as well as a family shower room.
The cottage also has a well-equipped kitchen and sitting room with stable door, which leads out to the garden.
To the outside of this cottage, there is ample off road parking and a garden with sitting area, garden furniture and BBQ, plus the opportunity to have the use of the owner's large garden.
Situated in a beautiful National Park, Barn Croft Cottage is a perfect romantic retreat.
All ground floor.
1 x double bedroom. Shower room with shower, washbasin and WC. Very well equipped fitted kitchen. Pleasant, airy sitting room with sofa and easy chair and stable door leading to pretty garden. Entrance hall.
- Gas central heating, electric underfloor heating in hallway and bathroom
- Gas cooker, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV, radio/CD player, WiFi
- Shared use of washing machine and tumble dryer
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Delightful garden and private sitting area with garden furniture and BBQ and shared use of owner's large garden with superb views of surrounding hills
- One well-behaved dog welcome at £15 per week
- Sorry, no smoking
- Storage for bikes
- Pub (no food served) 5 mins, shop and pub (serving food) 1 mile
- Note: Please contact owner for details of service from local community village shop if you would like to arrange a delivery
- Please note that this property will not accept bookings from a Saturday to Saturday The owner would like to mention that given the current situation with corona virus, this property is in an isolated rural location, if in the event the pubs and restaurants close, the owner has purchased frozen meals and can also provide home cooked food as long as this is booked in advance with the owner
This property offers the following short breaks:
About the location
Winster 1 mile; Matlock 5 miles; Bakewell 5 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
Situated in an elevated position on the White Peak Plateau, the peaceful village of Elton is set in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Positioned over 900ft above sea level and with wonderful views of the surrounding countryside, the village is a popular destination for walkers and cyclists due to its proximity to the Tissington and High Peak trails and The Limestone Way. Just one mile away is the pretty village of Winster, which is renowned as a centre for Morris dancing, its Wakes festivities - every June - and the town's annual Shrove Tuesday pancake race. The popular destinations of Bakewell, Chatsworth and Matlock are all close by.