- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming 250-year old stone cottage lies adjacent to the owner's house on a working farm, close to the centre of Hepworth and just two miles from Holmfirth.
Boasting traditional features, such as oak beams, this cosy cottage is just a short walk from the village pubs and restaurants.
Guests can enjoy free use of the owner's superb, indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room.
The property is able to sleep up to six people, making it ideal for a larger family.
With plenty of activities on the doorstep, children are welcome to help on the farm with the hens, pigs, sheep, cows and other animals or to enjoy the nearby playground.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x children's bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with oak floor & gas woodburning-effect stove.
- Gas central heating with gas stove
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, shared use of on-site washing machine and tumble dryer,TV, video, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, small library of books/games
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Use of owner's indoor swimming pool, sauna & steam room by arrangement
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed, lawned garden with furniture & BBQ
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub/restaurant 10 mins walk
- Note: The swimming pool is 12.5m x 6.5m and up to 1.45m deep
- It is open from 9am - 9:30pm each day, and the owner guarantees guests a 75 minute slot each day by prior arrangement, which during peak times may be shared with one other cottage.
Note: Property accepts max. 7 (inc. infants) with no more than max. 4 adults.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Holmfirth 2 miles; Glossop 16 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
The traditional Pennine village of Hepworth is located in the heart of the beautiful Holme Valley, on the edge of the West Yorkshire Pennines. First noted in the Domesday Book, the village is composed of stone cottages, a beautiful church and an excellent pub with restaurant. The village itself still practices many traditions including the centuries old Hepworth Feast commemorating the end of the Great Plague in Hepworth on the last Saturday of every June. The neighbouring towns of Hepworth and Holmfirth are most renowned as the home of the long running comedy series 'Last of the Summer Wine'. The nearby Colne Valley is home to the fictional 'Skelthwaite' from the equally successful television series 'Where the Heart Is'. This is an incredibly scenic area, steeped in history and tradition.