- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
This detached stone farmhouse has outstanding views across the Monsal Valley and has been restored to provide exceptional accommodation.
The property has a wealth of character with its exposed beams and stone floors and is finished to a high standard.
There are four bright and restful bedrooms, an elegant bathroom with a roll top bath to luxuriate in after a busy day and a further shower room.
The kitchen is well appointed and boasts a fabulous range cooker, the dining area is in the comfortable sitting room which houses a magnificent fireplace with wood burner and there is a cosy snug with another wood burner.
A large grassy area surrounds the farmhouse along with a patio and barbecue.
A tremendous property for a family holiday.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor family room with adult bunks & single bed, 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x single with pull-out stacker bed. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin, WC. Bathroom with roll-top bath, shower, basin, WC. Kitchen with range. Utility room. Sitting room with dining table & woodburning stove. Snug with table & woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stoves in sitting room & snug
- Range cooker, electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer (in utility room), washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio, stereo/CD player, WiFi
- Fuel, power & supply for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Large open grassed area surrounding property, patio with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome, to be kept downstairs only
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Property accessed via uneven farm track of approx
- 0.75 miles; can be tricky to negotiate in parts, low suspension vehicles not recommended.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Bakewell 7 miles.
The ultimate in "year-round" appeal, the Peak District offers countryside, picturesque villages and magnificent scenery. It touches upon six counties and encloses 555 square miles of open moorland, flowing rivers, and wooded dales.
This small hamlet of farms and houses sits between Taddington, Monsal Head and the River Wye in the Peak District. It has some spectacular scenery and Monsal Head is famed for the magnificent view along Monsal Dale and the Wye Valley, and offers some amazing walks. The Monsal Trail takes walkers along a former Midland Railway track, over a majestic viaduct above the river and into a tunnel which goes beneath Monsal Head, understandably making this a popular route with walkers. Bakewell, a picturesque market town, lies just seven miles away and has a variety of shops, restaurants and pubs, and there is a farmer's market held once a week, usually on a Monday. This area makes a fantastic base for a holiday in this stunning location.