- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Netherraw is a superb detached cottage situated in a countryside setting, 4 miles from the village of Newcastleton, in the Scottish Borders.
This cottage sleeps six people in three bedrooms, consisting of one ground floor double and two twins, together with a ground floor bathroom and a ground floor shower room.
The cottage also has a kitchen with dining area, a utility and a sitting room with woodburning stove.
Outside there's ample off road parking, a front lawned garden and a rear gravelled garden with hot tub, furniture and barbecue.
Netherraw is an excellent base.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 2 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Ample off road parking
- Rear gravelled garden with hot tub, furniture and BBQ, plus front lawned garden and shared use of owner's field
- On occasion hot tub may not be up to temperature on 1st evening
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 4 miles
- Note: There is no mobile reception at this property
- Note: There is restricted head height in the two first floor twin bedrooms
- Note: The staircase at Netherraw is original and is narrow and steep
- Note: This property does request a Good Housekeeping Bond of £100
- Note: This property only accepts Friday to Friday for weekly bookings.
Please note: can only book Friday to Friday for weekly bookings.
Note: This property has a Good Housekeeping bond of £100.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Hawick 21 miles; Carlisle 24 miles.
From the lush green farmlands of the Borders to the ruggedness of the Highlands, the Scots are proud of their land and identity. Scotland also has some of Britain’s best beaches with glorious stretches of clean sand over which to roam.
The village of Newcastleton is situated just a few miles from the border of Scotland with England. Newcastleton is famous for the nearby Hermitage Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots met her secret lover the 4th Earl of Boswell, and the ruin offers an imposing and spectacular sight filled with intrigue. The village is also popular with tourists due to its range of outdoor activities, which include mountain biking on the 7stanes trails, fishing, walking, wildlife watching, and an outdoor adventure centre.