- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A group of two charming, homely barn conversions in a beautifully rural spot, near Craven Arms in Shropshire. The Rowton Cottages are graced with delightful views across the surrounding countryside, making it the perfect location for a relaxing retreat with friends and family. These stone-built cottages still showcase the barn's original wooden beams to create a real sense of character. The living areas are cosy and warming set with homely seating, TVs and WiFi The kitchen's are stylishly finished with all of the necessary equipment. They both come with delightful outdoor sitting areas, great for taking in this wonderful surroundings with a lovely drink. Craven Arms is a great base for a Shropshire holiday, this delightful village provides you with a delightful range of shops and cafés, as well as easy access to the stunning Shropshire Hills should you want to explore its incredible features. This pair of barn conversions are perfect for a countryside break.
Rowton Manor Cottage is a semi detached, Grade II listed cottage next to the owners' home near to Craven Arms in Shropshire.
The cottage is split into two parts with the main section having three bedrooms (one with an ensuite) and a family bathroom plus a seperate second floor section with a double bedroom with an ensuite, making the whole cottage available for eight people.
The rest of the accommodation is made up of a fitted kitchen with a dining area, a sitting room with a woodburner and a second floor sitting room.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for four cars and a garden with outdoor furniture and a barbecue.
Perfect for a large family holiday, Rowton Manor Cottage is set in beautiful countryside in a peaceful part of the country. Please note that the 2nd floor suite containing the super king-size bedroom with ensuite and the open plan living area will be unavailable until January 1st, 2012.
This means that the cottage will sleep a maximum of 6 people until this time.
Main house. Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x super king-size (twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 super king size ( 2 singles on request). Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
Second floor suite. One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link can be twin on request) with en-suite bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed.
- Oil central heating with woodburner
- AGA with oven and hob (available October to April inclusive), electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- Kitchen on second floor with microwave, fridge/freezer
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVDs, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent (extra wood available from owner)
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed front garden with lawn, gravel seating area, garden furniture, BBQ and countryside views over the Clun Valley
- One well-behaved dog welcome, downstairs only
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles
- Pub and restaurant 1 mile
- Note: River fishing available at £15 per day or £10 per morning, afternoon or evening
- Full licence required, please contact the owner for further information.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 7 miles; Ludlow 8 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was Â“the quietest place under the sunÂ” and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The town of Craven Arms is located between the medieval town of Ludlow and Church Stretton. The historic towns of Bishops Castle, Ludlow and Shrewsbury are a short drive away, and offer magnificent castles, riverside walks, shops, pubs, restaurants, theatres and a variety of festivals.