- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Abbott's Retreat is a charming, detached cottage set in the small hamlet of Norbury, less than five miles from Bishop's Castle in Shropshire.
With four bedrooms, including three doubles (one with an en-suite shower room) and one single, this cottage can sleep seven people.
There's also a bathroom, a ground floor cloakroom, a kitchen and a sitting room with dining area and woodburner.
Outside, there is off road parking for two cars along with wrap-around lawned gardens, a patio and garden furniture.
Abbott's Retreat provides friends and families with a contemporary yet cosy base from which to discover this attractive are of Shropshire.
Four bedrooms: 3 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room (seats 6) with dining area (seats 6) and woodburner.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.4 miles
- Note: The car park area is on a slope with 6 steps to the front door, may not be suitable for less mobile
- Note: There is an unfenced slope in the garden, children to be supervised
- Anybody looking to book from the 4th of January, please contact the office as the price online is incorrect, The price should be as displayed from the 5th of January 2019.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Montgomery 10 miles; Ludlow 17 miles; Shrewsbury 21 miles.
A E Houseman once wrote that Shropshire was “the quietest place under the sun” and today the county remains something of a rural idyll, recognised as one of the least crowded and most peaceful regions in England.
The attractive market town of Bishop's Castle is surrounded by the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty of the South West Shropshire Hills. The ancient town offers a weekly market and an excellent variety of shops, pubs and places to eat. It is famous for its annual Real Ale Festival, Tandem Triathlon and regular festivals and fairs.