- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Newport 4 miles. Situated down a short lane you will find these two charming holiday cottages (Foxglove Cottage and Honeysuckle Cottage), the owners’ home and the neighbouring farmhouse. Set in peaceful North Pembrokeshire countryside, above the Gwaun Valley, in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park and the foothills of the rolling Preseli Mountains, with their cultural and historic mysticism, the cottages offer great views and the chance to sit outside and soak them all up while watching the birds soar overhead and listening to the lambs in the fields. These are delightful stone cottages with walks from the door, perfectly located to enjoy this beautiful part of Wales with its extraordinarily rich wildlife, flora and fauna. Both cottages offer accommodation for four and each has two en-suite bedrooms, character beams and extremely comfortable accommodation, as well as a wonderful shared ‘planning and map room’ to plan your walks in. There is also a private drying room for outdoor clothing and walking boots. Remember too, the owner offers to guests discounted and exclusive guided walks, sightseeing days out and a great package of instructional modules to improve your safety and competence while out walking. The owners also offer free use of OS maps and local reference books and provide free advice on what to see and do in the local area. Located in such a scenic spot, you may wish to spend some of your holiday simply relaxing right here in these cosy cottages, but short drives offer ancient woodlands, the historic Castell Henllys Iron Age Fort, estuaries teaming with seabirds and the wonderful Shire Horse farm to see these superb animals at work. There are also walks on the stunning coastline, sandy beaches, boat trips and historic castles, as well as superb walks in the mystical Preseli Hills where time seems to stand still and which can be reached on foot from the cottages. There is so much to see and do nearby that one stay won’t be long enough, so a return visit may well be part of your plans!
Foxglove is a semi-detached, stone barn conversion situated in open countryside, four miles from the town of Newport in Pembrokeshire.
This ground floor cottage sleeps four people in two bedrooms consisting of one double and one twin, both of which have en-suite facilities.
The cottage also has a kitchen, and a sitting room with a dining area and gas fire.
Outside, there is ample off road parking, a front seating area, and a rear lawned garden with furniture.
With wonderful walks from the door and the famous coastal path nearby, Foxglove makes a superb holiday base.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
- Biomass central heating with gas fire
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice box, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample private parking adjacent to cottage
- Bike storage
- Secure drying room for walking clothing storage
- Front seating area
- Lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 4 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile
- Note: Although all ground floor, there is one step to the front, and two to the rear entrance
- Note: Cottage accessed down a compacted single lane track which is also used by a neighbouring farm
- Vehicles with a low suspension should take care
- Note: Owners offer to guests discounted and exclusive guided walks, sightseeing days out and can provide walking modules to teach safety and competence for walkers
- Please contact owners for more details.
About the location
Fishguard 7 miles; Cardigan 10 miles.
Famous for its choirs, stunning mountain ranges and beautiful valleys, this wonderful country has something for everyone. From Snowdonia in North Wales to the Brecon Beacons and the Pembrokeshire Coast in the South.
The coastal town of Newport in Pembrokeshire, south west Wales is sityated on the River Nevern and offers a selection of shops, pubs, tea rooms, and an excellent golf course. Newport lies on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path which is renowned worldwide for its unique landscape and superb walking opportunities.