- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The generals Cottage is a first floor, detached stone cottage in Penallt.
With two bedrooms, a double and a king-size double, as well as a family bathroom, it sleeps four people comfortably.
There is also a fitted kitchen and a sitting room with a woodburner and dining area.
Outside is a small garden with patio and furniture, and off road parking.
There is also access to a woodland area, a Site of Special Scientific Interest, making The Generals Cottage a great base.
All first floor. Two double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, iPod dock, High speed fibre WiFi across the property, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Mature garden with patio and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles via footbridge over River Wye, pub 1 mile
- Note: Due to the nature of the garden, this property accepts guests over 18yrs and over only (inc. infants)
- Note: The property is accessed via stone steps through the garden to the upper level entrance door
- There is also an alternative access route via a grassed slope, which runs from the rear of the cottage
- Note: The ground floor of the cottage is a home office, which is generally unused when guests are present
- It has it's own totally private entrance.
Note: Due to the nature of the garden, this property accepts guests over 18yrs and over only (inc. infants).
About the location
Monmouth 6 miles; Chepstow 14 miles; Lydney 15 miles.
Famous for its choirs, stunning mountain ranges and beautiful valleys, this wonderful country has something for everyone. From Snowdonia in North Wales to the Brecon Beacons and the Pembrokeshire Coast in the South.
Penallt is a small village on the England/Wales border, and has easy access to the Forest of Dean, the Wye Valley and the River Wye.