- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Blacksmith's Cottage is an end-terraced cottage the village of Hudswell, near the charming town of Richmond.
The cottage has a king-size double room on the first floor, with the rest of the accommodation downstairs comprising of a bathroom, kitchen diner with patio doors outside, and a sitting room with woodburner.
Outside is a patio with furniture, and parking can be found on the roadside.
Blacksmith's Cottage is ideally placed for enjoying Richmond, taking walks from the door, or heading into the Dales and Moors to make the most of your stay in this beautiful region.
One king-size double bedroom. Ground floor bathroom with bath, rain shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Roadside parking available, free car park 50 yards from property
- Lockable bike/equipment store
- Stone paved patio with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub less than 1 min walk
- Note: Due to the compact nature of the cottage and the patio, it is not recommended for guests with a large dog
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Richmond 2 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Hudswell is a small village located just two miles the town of Richmond in Swaledale. Set in rolling countryside, the village boasts a high street with old houses lining the route, and a local pub, the George and Dragon. Like many village pubs, it recently fell on difficult times, so the villagers clubbed together and now run it as a 'Community Pub Initiative'. The market town of Richmond stands to the north of the River Swale. The town grew up around its castle and today there are wonderful walks to be enjoyed by the castle or alongside the River Swale where there are parks, safe paddling areas and small waterfalls. Narrow streets and alleys radiate from the cobbled Market Place (which has a weekly market and monthly farmers' market) and there are numerous shops, pubs and restaurants to enjoy.