- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
High Smarber is a traditional stone built detached cottage, set on a hillside a mile from Low Row near Reeth in Swaledale.
There are three bedrooms in this cosy property â€“ a king-size double, and a twin which leads to a second twin room.
There is also a bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
Downstairs is a large kitchen with dining area, and a sitting room with an open fire.
Outside, there is parking under a car port for one car, additional parking for two further cars, and an enclosed garden, south facing, with a patio and lawned area.
With the market towns, waterfalls, footpaths and awe-inspiring scenery of the Dales National Park all around you, High Smarber is ideally placed for making the most of its superb location.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 2 x twin (2nd twin accessed through 1st twin). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, TV, DVD, radio, WiFi, payphone, books/games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Covered car port parking for one car, further private parking for up to 3 cars
- South-facing enclosed garden with flagged patio and lawn area, with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops 3 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Cottage initially reached by steep winding single track road (kept open in winter by locals save in the severest of conditions)
- The last half mile is down a double concrete track, a little tricky to manoeuvre in certain parts, but perfectly accessible for most family cars
- Note: Drainage is to a septic tank
- Note: Max
- 4 adults
Note: Max. 4 adults.
About the location
Reeth 3 miles; Hawes 13 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
The village of Low Row is made up of a scattering of traditional farms and cottages to the north of the River Swale. The village of Reeth, just a short drive away, dates back to Saxon times and became of sufficient size and importance to be mentioned in the Domesday Book. Later it became a centre for hand-knitting and local lead mining. Its eighteenth-century houses and hotel clustered around the triangular village green make it one of the very popular Dales villages. Just short drives away are Aysgarth Falls, Semerwater and Hardraw Force (England's highest single drop waterfall at 99ft).