- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
The Bothy is an enchanting, detached, stone bothy, nestled at the end of a rural green lane at the foot of the River Ure in Redmire (0.25 miles away) and sleeps four people.
The cottage has a double bedroom, a ground floor twin bedroom, a bathroom, a separate shower, a ground floor basin and WC, a kitchen with dining area and French doors to the garden and a sitting room with an electric fire.
Outside there is off road parking for two cars, an enclosed, front lawned area and an orchard with furniture.
There is also one mile of fishing rights on the River Ure by arrangement with the owner and with a supplementary fee.
The Bothy is a wonderful holiday location.
Note: There is a steep drop to river bank on rear garden boundary so please ensure children are supervised.
Note: Due to the spiral staircase, care should be taken and this property may not be suitable for those with limited mobility.
Note: The cottage is situated at the end of a narrow lane, so care should be taken.
Note: There is limited mobile phone signal.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, basin, WC. Separate shower. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and French doors to garden. Sitting room with electric fire.
- Electric heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Front lawned area and orchard with furniture
- One mile of fishing rights on River Ure by arrangement with owner and supplementary fee
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There is a steep drop to river bank on rear boundary of lawned area, children to be supervised
- Note: Due to the spiral staircase, care should be taken and it may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: The cottage is situated at the end of a narrow lane, care should be taken
- Note: There is limited mobile phone signal
- Note: Public footpath runs along the boundary of the garden
- Please note - check in time is 5pm and check out time is 9:30am
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute
About the location
Aysgarth 3 miles; Leyburn 4 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
Situated close to Castle Bolton, Leyburn and the famous Aysgarth Falls is the picturesque Dales village of Redmire. Located along the Wensleydale Railway, which runs various steam trains during the summer, the settlement is also within easy reach of Castle Bolton, one of the best preserved medieval castles in Yorkshire and dating back to 1378. Much of the construction, composed of towers set around a rectangular courtyard, survived orders to destroy the famous castles of Yorkshire issued by Parliament during the Civil War. Carperby is close by too, and was an important centre for the Quaker movement and the largest building today is the classically styled Friends Meeting House, which overlooks the market cross and village green. Redmire itself is home to a traditional pub, which serves good food whilst there is an excellent range of amenities, shops and attractions in the nearby market town of Leyburn.