- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This stone built cottage is situated at the heart of the popular Dales village of Embsay, located under two miles from Skipton town.
Set over three storeys and featuring a wonderful first floor sitting room with open fire and balcony - boasting excellent views - a garden and two bedrooms, the cottage is well suited to a small family or two couples.
The well-equipped kitchen boasts a Rayburn oven, whilst the spacious second floor bedroom offers views over Embsay Crag.
Guests to this lovely property are well placed for access to local amenities and activities.
Over three floors. Two second floor bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with pull-out stacker bed. First floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility/WC. Dining room with TV, snug and gas-fired Rayburn. First floor sitting room with open fire and balcony with furniture.
- Gas central heating with open fire and gas Rayburn
- Rayburn cooker, electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio/cassette/CD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Roadside parking for 1 car (first come, first served basis)
- Flower garden (no lawn) and small enclosed patio area with table and chairs overlooking a field with sheep and chickens
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Due to the steep stairs, this property isn't suitable for the less mobile
- Note: Although pet-free, the owner occasionally stays at the property with a dog.
About the location
Skipton 1.5 miles.
From heather-clad moors and limestone scars, to market towns and the steady pace of country life - the sublime Dales await you! Where else in Britain is it as satisfying to sit and do nothing as it is to explore the numerous pursuits on offer?
The Dales village of Embsay shows signs of settlement from ancient times, including a stone circle dating back to the Bronze Age and a 12th Century monastery. Today it is popular amongst walkers and steam railway enthusiasts, who visit the region for the range of beautiful walks through the surrounding countryside and the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway - both of which offer award-winning station buildings and steam trains. The Old Mill in the village centre is now home to a needlecraft store and coffee shop, whilst all the amenities and attractions of Skipton town are close by. Other popular places to visit within easy reach include Bolton Abbey, Kilnsey and Grassington.